Did I fry my crossover?

ColumbusJBR

Hey guys, haven't been around in some time. Seeking advice.

I currently have the kicker KS6.2 component speakers in my front doors, powered by an external Alpine amp. I was fiddling around with my drivers side door panel the other day and had to unhook the leads from the tweeter and midrange. After reinstalling everything I noticed that my midrange wasn't putting out any sound. Tweeter was working fine.

I did all the standard trouble shooting (hooked midrange up to another stereo, speaker is good. Tried swapping the wire from the crossover mid output to the midrange speaker, no sound. Crossover is definitely getting signal since the tweeter is still working.)

The crossover seems good except for the midrange outputs, I can't get any signal out of them. Here are my thoughts: While reassembling the door, I turned on the stereo and temporarily hooked up the speakers to make sure all was good before buttoning everything up. After confirming both speakers worked, I disconnected and finished putting the door on. My suspicion is that when disconnecting the midrange I may have inadvertently shorted the + and - leads together. I didn't notice anything at the time, but that's all that I can think of that would cause this. I guess my question is if this sounds plausible. Would shorting two live speaker leads fry that channel of the crossover? I'm guessing yes, but just wanted to make sure that made sense before I begin tracking down a new crossover. Any advice is greatly appreciated!!!

Did you open the crossover up and look at the glass fuses?

VM-1

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Hertz HSK 165XL

Arc Audio KS 300.2

Linear Power 1002 Full Mods

Fi Audio Q 10s

Sundown Audio Scv 3000

Big 3

XS Power D5100 Juice Box 20AH

Singer Alternator

Sky High Wire

<p>My Ebay feedback. http://feedback.ebay...tab=AllFeedback

Well I found the problem. Opened up the crossover and...

IMG_2754.jpg

IMG_2755.jpg

The lead of that inductor (I think? Sorry it has been a while since I had an EE class) somehow became severed.

Will I be able to solder that? I would think yes, but any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Archived