nosho47 Posted April 21, 2014 Report Posted April 21, 2014 Do you guys recommend using a your pro audio with or without passive crossovers? I ordered a pair of beyma pro6wnd and a pair of ast09 and will be running off a sundown 125.4. What your opinion?
tacomaguy1 Posted April 21, 2014 Report Posted April 21, 2014 You should...having a headunit that is active capable is the easiest way How else are you going to keep your tweeters or mids from getting the wrong frequencies and getting damaged Team Flex Issues
nosho47 Posted April 21, 2014 Author Report Posted April 21, 2014 My bad... I meant passive crossover
Kevin M Posted April 21, 2014 Report Posted April 21, 2014 Sure why not. You do have access to some good active capabilities in that sundown amp though. You looking to try something different? Passive setups can sound just as good as active. Some might argue better. Sharp slopes can give you a less natural sound to music. It isn't true in all cases but there is a good enough argument to go either way. Are we talking 6 or 12 db slopes here? It will have an impact on the speakers power handling in respect to excursion for mid/midbass and highpass for your tweeters. 2005 Ford Focus zx4 AMT's and Planars 18" Infinite baffle
nosho47 Posted April 22, 2014 Author Report Posted April 22, 2014 Yea..I just wanting to try something different because I have been going passive on my previous projects. I am planning on going active this time and try out the beymas. I was just curious if itll be safe without using a passive crossovers. I'm just hoping I don't blowing any speakers.
Kevin M Posted April 22, 2014 Report Posted April 22, 2014 I use active with my horns and the 12" in the doors. No issues. Selenium and Eminence. Use the xovers in the sundown and you should have no trouble. Those tweeters look beast BTW. 2005 Ford Focus zx4 AMT's and Planars 18" Infinite baffle
nosho47 Posted April 22, 2014 Author Report Posted April 22, 2014 Thanks... I'm hoping my setup will have a good sound...lol... Actually I bought a new sundown 125.4 from a guy named Braxton and he convinced me into getting the Beymas...lol..
nosho47 Posted April 22, 2014 Author Report Posted April 22, 2014 Would you recommend using an EQ for fine tuning or will I be fine with the head unit? I have a Kenwood ddx419.
Kevin M Posted April 22, 2014 Report Posted April 22, 2014 It looks like it has a decent parametric eq in there so I would start there. If you still want more flexibility then add another one later. 2005 Ford Focus zx4 AMT's and Planars 18" Infinite baffle
nosho47 Posted April 22, 2014 Author Report Posted April 22, 2014 Cool... Do you prefer using the smd dd-1 and cc-1 to tune the amp for the 6.5's and just keep the gain low for the super tweeteers?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.