All-Or-Nothing Posted May 6, 2014 Author Report Posted May 6, 2014 Why do you want 400W between 4 speakers that are 4" in diameter? That seems a bit overkill to me. Why don't you choose a smaller amp for your purpose? The power you are wanting to send is easily twice what most 4" speakers will handle. I agree, if crossed properly they well take much more. But.....Why? The amp I have is 100w x 4 @ 4ohms. Don't want to get another amp because i like this one. I am not a speaker genius so I was under the impression I needed to atleast get speakers that will handle 100w rms. Since they will bandpassed (400hz to 1000) I guess they will handle it fine. Simple answer I want to keep this Amp and use it.
CleanSierra Posted May 6, 2014 Report Posted May 6, 2014 Not quite the power handling but here is Tang Band http://www.parts-express.com/tang-band-w4-1805s-4-neodymium-midrange-driver--264-890 These will handle your power Vifa: http://www.parts-express.com/vifa-ne123w-08-4-full-range-woofer-speaker--264-1128 Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
daimer Posted May 6, 2014 Report Posted May 6, 2014 Wait, why would you cross your mids from 400 to 1000hz?! My humble build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/192602-corsa-b-daily-build-with-12-ground-zero-new-box-in/ Single Zv4 Rev.2 15" on a 10k amp: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/201434-my-reviewtest-of-the-zv4-rev2-15/
CleanSierra Posted May 6, 2014 Report Posted May 6, 2014 Wait, why would you cross your mids from 400 to 1000hz?! I'm assuming his BMW has a factory 3 way setup and he's only looking at finding something to replace the 4" mid. That would be my guess. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
All-Or-Nothing Posted May 6, 2014 Author Report Posted May 6, 2014 Wait, why would you cross your mids from 400 to 1000hz?! Meant to type 5000 or even 6000
CleanSierra Posted May 6, 2014 Report Posted May 6, 2014 You got my suggestions? The VIFA looks pretty legit, but they're NOT cheap. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
All-Or-Nothing Posted May 6, 2014 Author Report Posted May 6, 2014 Wait, why would you cross your mids from 400 to 1000hz?! I'm assuming his BMW has a factory 3 way setup and he's only looking at finding something to replace the 4" mid. That would be my guess. Well it's more of a 2 way setup but yes I am trying to replace the factory 4" mids. The subs in the car will be be replaced by Midbass speakers and the sundown in the trunk will handle all the lows.
All-Or-Nothing Posted May 6, 2014 Author Report Posted May 6, 2014 Wait, why would you cross your mids from 400 to 1000hz?! I'm assuming his BMW has a factory 3 way setup and he's only looking at finding something to replace the 4" mid. That would be my guess. Well it's more of a 2 way setup but yes I am trying to replace the factory 4" mids. The subs in the car will be be replaced by Midbass speakers and the sundown in the trunk will handle all the lows.
All-Or-Nothing Posted May 6, 2014 Author Report Posted May 6, 2014 Wait, why would you cross your mids from 400 to 1000hz?! I'm assuming his BMW has a factory 3 way setup and he's only looking at finding something to replace the 4" mid. That would be my guess. Well it's more of a 2 way setup but yes I am trying to replace the factory 4" mids. The subs in the car will be be replaced by Midbass speakers and the sundown in the trunk will handle all the lows.
All-Or-Nothing Posted May 6, 2014 Author Report Posted May 6, 2014 You got my suggestions? The VIFA looks pretty legit, but they're NOT cheap. The Vifa looks fine. I had been looking at those recently and the price is fine for what I want to do. Thanks.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.