Krakin's Dipole Project Baffle Diffraction, Science!

• 1 year later...

Sorry to bring a post back from the dead but how is this coming along? Any updates since 2015?

I moved one speaker slightly to the left.

Other than that I am waiting until I get my degree and a job before I sink any money into anything.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Sorry to bring a post back from the dead but how is this coming along? Any updates since 2015?

Other than that I am waiting until I get my degree and a job before I sink any money into anything.

I suggest moving that one speaker just a tiny bit more to the left. I've done that in the past and it made all the difference.

I suggest moving that one speaker just a tiny bit more to the left. I've done that in the past and it made all the difference.

It would then fall on the floor, I can move the other one a tiny bit right.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

Makes sense. You're still in school? What degree are you pursuing if you don't mind me asking?

From what I understand dipoles have an opposite set of speakers in the same enclosure 180 degress out of phase for use in hometheater surrounds. Am I missing something?

DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ

LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ

MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

Makes sense. You're still in school? What degree are you pursuing if you don't mind me asking?

I am getting a degree in Electrical Engineering and performing Extreme enviroment IC Design research from the University of Arkansas.

From what I understand dipoles have an opposite set of speakers in the same enclosure 180 degress out of phase for use in hometheater surrounds. Am I missing something?

It could be Bi-pole then, I just designed based on what I am wanting to do not really caring what to call it.

I just read and watched a few of Siegfried Linkwitz publications on the subject while using a few other resources.

You can check out Siegfried Linkwitz's website here: http://www.linkwitzlab.com/models.htm

I am getting a degree in Electrical Engineering and performing Extreme enviroment IC Design research from the University of Arkansas.

Sweet. I was thinking about EE but decided to go CS with a Math minor. I'm down in Texas State.

You can check out Siegfried Linkwitz's website here: http://www.linkwitzlab.com/models.htm

I checked out his website the other day and read through a bunch of his stuff and holy crap is a lot of that over my head. Had to go back and re-read it to start getting my head around it and trying to understand. I learned a lot though. Have you read anything from Martin J King? I know he's mostly (if not all) about quarter-wave designs but he has some good reading material. Learned a lot from him as well.

• 1 month later...

Archived