Second Skin Audio

why you don't buy prefab!

Aj11

i know its tuned to something but the fact that they either don't know or didn't bother to list it is sad!

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

i know its tuned to something but the fact that they either don't know or didn't bother to list it is sad!

The average consumer wouldn't know the difference

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:
152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class
155db outlaw

haha its funny to me. your doing 2 15s in 6ft on 3k

I'll be doing 1 15 on 5k in 6ft

not funny like oh I'm better, not like that. its just i don't have the room for 2 15s so I'm putting everything i got into one sub! i may even Try 7ft.

i was thinking about interchange ports but since I'm putting much more then rated to my sub I'm doing a double chamber reflex box to control excursion at 2 different frequencies

yeah I wont t have fun forcing it into the my trunk. Biggest box will be 40" wide trunk measure 41.5, don't know how I'm going to get the trim panels back on once the box is in.. Or where amps are going, none the less the battery(s). Good thing I'll only be pulling around 200-230amps on music with a 250amp singer alt. Might be able to pull off a just an upgraded front battery.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

from what ive gathered from constantly reading and researching is ports that stick out of the box are usually louder. and 2 6inch are louder then a single 8. also if you fire into the cabin push the sub all the way back to the tailgate. but have the port sticking out near the cabin. from all the builds I've seen and all the people doing 150s this is the basics of there set up.

if i didn't have to build in the trunk i would build my double chamber box and a burp box. but i cant.

plus i want a 145 at 33hz or lower

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

from what ive gathered from constantly reading and researching is ports that stick out of the box are usually louder. and 2 6inch are louder then a single 8. also if you fire into the cabin push the sub all the way back to the tailgate. but have the port sticking out near the cabin. from all the builds I've seen and all the people doing 150s this is the basics of there set up.

if i didn't have to build in the trunk i would build my double chamber box and a burp box. but i cant.

plus i want a 145 at 33hz or lower

All of that is extremely relevant to the specific situation. One isnt always going to be louder than the other.

Usually external ports are louder because there is less turbulence or resistance inside the box.

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:
152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class
155db outlaw

Hatchback in my case port to driver side should be more promising. Wich I'm going to try a 10" sonotube port to driver side in roughly 6.5cuft. Might try with 2 6" ports to driver side in 6-6.5cuft to.

gotta do testing to get loud on music with limited space and power.

I'll wall it sometime but not for a while. When I do it will most likely be 2 18s on 2-2.5k each.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

haha its funny to me. your doing 2 15s in 6ft on 3k

I'll be doing 1 15 on 5k in 6ft

not funny like oh I'm better, not like that. its just i don't have the room for 2 15s so I'm putting everything i got into one sub! i may even Try 7ft.

i was thinking about interchange ports but since I'm putting much more then rated to my sub I'm doing a double chamber reflex box to control excursion at 2 different frequencies

yeah I wont t have fun forcing it into the my trunk. Biggest box will be 40" wide trunk measure 41.5, don't know how I'm going to get the trim panels back on once the box is in.. Or where amps are going, none the less the battery(s). Good thing I'll only be pulling around 200-230amps on music with a 250amp singer alt. Might be able to pull off a just an upgraded front battery.

we are gonna have a really similar build. I'll have more Watts but you will have more cone. same size and brand alt same Size box. what car is yours going Into? mines a 02 grand prix.

and yes you will have 200 amps of current being drawn and a 250 alt 275max. but its only a Lil above 150amp at idle. (shouldn't say only) so any demo.you give you will be dropping hard at idle! you need more then one battery!

I'm having the same issue with where to put all these damn batteries! that's why I'm looking into the xstatic batcap 3000 there $380 and from what I've heard them paired with a good Alt and amg upfront They alone.can handle a 4000w system. i seen a vid where a kid replaced to.stinger 1800 (which can handle a 2400w system each) and put one batcap 3000 in and gained a full db! he had 4500w and didn't drop below 13.9

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

2000 ford focus 2door hatchback

I'll be externally regulated

modifying the stock battery location to try and fit a group 31.

pending the final box I go with I'll be adding batteries just don't know what batts until I get it going.

I did do a bit below a 143 with a single 15 on 1500 stock electrical no deadener. Box was around 3.5cuft tune around 35hz. Sealed on the dash termlab. Just need to gain 3-4db from double power, cone area, deadening, electrical and box testing. I think I can do it. Even if I only gain .5 from each of those I'll get up to 144-145. I can see me gaining at least .75-1db from each of those though.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

yea you'll be in the 145 and thats exactly what I'm.going for to. but i only got one sub to do it. granted Its a $7++ 3,000w monster but i think i can do it. Also higher tune = higher score!

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

Believe it or not you can even tune a sealed box.

Care to explain?

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Archived