Ok, I should have paid more attention to the year of your truck. Ford had big problems with the head castings on the 3.0l rangers from 2003-2005ish There is a Tsb floating around for the exhaust valve seats receding into the head and gradually causing a misfire.

For all its worth, I hope thats not the issue for you, but there is that possibility. Just make sure that the engine doesn't overheat through all this.

Brandon

2000 Furd Ranger supercab 4x4

System:

welding wire throughout the truck

USalts 390amp Hairpin

Juicebox in stock location

8 Banks of maxwell supercaps

2 American Bass Vfl 1100.1 wired to .35 each

2 Fi Audio Sp4 18's ( the DD sc 9918's smoked)

Pioneer radio with Soundstream PA mids Powered by a nice sized soundstream 2 channel

It's pronounced (dain-ja rain-ja) :ph34r:

2001 2 door focus

1 DD9918 SC 

If you find that you still have the misfire, do a compression test on all 6 cyl's and that should tell you really quick if the issue is internal or not.

Brandon

2000 Furd Ranger supercab 4x4

System:

welding wire throughout the truck

USalts 390amp Hairpin

Juicebox in stock location

8 Banks of maxwell supercaps

2 American Bass Vfl 1100.1 wired to .35 each

2 Fi Audio Sp4 18's ( the DD sc 9918's smoked)

Pioneer radio with Soundstream PA mids Powered by a nice sized soundstream 2 channel

It's pronounced (dain-ja rain-ja) :ph34r:

2001 2 door focus

1 DD9918 SC 

Found out the problems. Needed a new coil pack and the hose replaced that goes from the back of the intake manifold to the PVC valve. The hose had to special ordered from Ford. So get that tomorrow then when I get back from vacation put it on and all shall be right.(I hope).

• 4 weeks later...

After a lot of time working on this stupid thing I took it too a mechanic to get fixed. They did sorta. The problem was the coil wire was put on backwards or w/e, but the main problem is that the number 5 cylinder had no compression. Luckily the place that we got the place we got the truck from is going to give us another. At least this one is no longer going to be a problem for me. We have another truck from the same place we got a few years ago and it's still running like new, even though it has been worked to death. It's also a Ford.

Archived