frame ground question? help please

OP, i just noticed that in your signature you are running a 340A Alt.

if that is the case 1/0 will not suffice, or at least a single run anywhere won't. So double up everything including your big 3

How critical is it to have grounds on same side of chassis because alt is on pass side and batt is on drivers side.

Was going to run it same way I had it in tibi, + grounding the alt to frame.

I heard in another thread that having more then one wire on Ur alt will shorten its lifespan or is this false. Will doubling wire have a lot better gain vs not?

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

(1)How critical is it to have grounds on same side of chassis because alt is on pass side and batt is on drivers side.

Was going to run it same way I had it in tibi, + grounding the alt to frame.

I heard in another thread that having more then one wire on Ur alt will shorten its lifespan or is this false. (2)Will doubling wire have a lot better gain vs not?

1. I wouldn't say extremely critical but it can be the difference maker in having noise or not, Electricity likes the path of least resistance. Whenever you give it the easiest path possible, you will be rewarded.
  2. Well, if your alt makes 340A and tries to send that through a wire rated for 300A (1/0 OFC on a run not too long) you are going to cause heat which is bad, and either blow a fuse or melt wire. Could lead to bigger problems. 2 runs of 1/0 will suffice. If I was running a 340A alt, I would personally do 3 or 4 runs for my longest run if I was using 1/0.

Your alt, and all of your other electrical will thank you if you 2x the return path.

Think of the electrons like grocery carts at a grocery store. If its real busy and only 1 person is bringing carts in from parking lot, it causes a delay in the flow of carts. If you have 2 people, now all of a sudden your customers aren't waiting for carts.

Your alt, and all of your other electrical will thank you if you 2x the return path.

Think of the electrons like grocery carts at a grocery store. If its real busy and only 1 person is bringing carts in from parking lot, it causes a delay in the flow of carts. If you have 2 people, now all of a sudden your customers aren't waiting for carts.

only if my manager understood this concept :roflmao:

only if my manager understood this concept :roflmao:

Tell them the shopping cart supply ground is causing bottle necks.

Know what u mean use to push carts at jewel a million yrs ago

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

Can you ground alt to battery

Then batt to ground

Or is it better to ground alt directly to frame. since batt is opposite side of car

Archived