buy a centerforce dual friction clutch.

best damn single disc clutch made.

we ran one in a dirt track race car and in a whole season it burnt off like .003" off the disc.

thats if youre gonna go with a standard

and if you want a standard tranny, getr a 1 line or no line munci 4 speed, damn light as fuck and about bullet proof.

ran one of them in the race car too.

as for automatic, get a th-400

im not really interested in what to buy. just what the opinions on auto vs manuel are.

610EUROs

If it is a trailer queen I would recommend the Auto.

As B said too much time wasted on missed shifts or what-not.

Or you could get on of those slap shifters.

Not sure of name or brand but just click it forward for each gear.

Powerglide maybe?

Excuse the young-naive-not-knowing-shit-about-true-muscle-cars knowledge.

thatd be a ratchet shifter, all you do is click it back and forth onece its in gear and put into ratchet mode,coolest damn auto shifter ive ever used.

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

as for a rear end, id get a chevy 12 bolt, theyre pretty tough, or if you want more gear ratio availability get a ford 9" and fab it in there.

might i ask what kind of car this is going in?

its going in a car. no ford parts allowed. i have to watch what rear end i use because i want the car to appear stock, atleast somewhat, no big blower out the hood or any of that. so whatever rear end i use it has to be generally under my wheel wells, if i have to widen my wheel wells thats ok, but i dont want my rear wheels sticking uot a mile

Edited by FCsteve

610EUROs

im not really interested in what to buy. just what the opinions on auto vs manuel are.

oh..

in that case, for a strip car automatic is the way to go, no one can shift a standard faster than that automatic can.

and for a fun to drive street car, id go with a standard.

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters

its going in a car. no ford parts allowed. i have to watch what rear end i use because i want the car to appear stock, atleast somewhat, no big blower out the hood or any of that. so whatever rear end i use it has to be generally under my wheel wells, if i have to widen my wheel wells thats ok, but i dont want my rear wheels sticking uot a mile

hmm.

well you might could get away with using a 10 bolt out of a metric monte carlo, but i dunno how itd hold up to 600hp.

but theyre not too wide i dont think.

or if you have the money, get one built for the car

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters

hmm.

well you might could get away with using a 10 bolt out of a metric monte carlo, but i dunno how itd hold up to 600hp.

but theyre not too wide i dont think.

or if you have the money, get one built for the car

nah. im doing the v8 because they are cheap and almost every mod can be done in hours, ther eis no days or weeks without a car because you had to change a filter or something stupid. it'll be a used rear end. i have to research what will work and wont break.

610EUROs

The problem with automatic transmissions is that not many of them are truely made to really hold high HP. With enough money and time, this can be overcome. You do need to also keep in mind that when an auto is properly tuned, it is done so with static hp and shift points. So say you end up putting out 400hp on fuel alone. A good tranny person will tune the tranny for that hp and to shift at your defueling point. So with that being said, when using items like NOS, they are in addition to static hp, meaning for tuning periods you can't just command the NOS to turn on and stay on during tuning. With that being said, understand that any hp in addition to what the tranny was tuned for, will cause the shift points to be brought on earlier.

Manuals are much easier to make hold the HP. Many companys make very HP clutches and they were designed to hold the HP. The nice things about manuals are that 1) you control the shifting 2) if you burn a clutch, it's more cost effective to replacee a $900 clutch vs a $5000 auto tranny. The downside to manuals are shift times.

From that, the key is 1) budget 2) what will the vehicle be used for. For track, I'd go with an auto hands down, due to faster shifts. If street use, being how I drive...Manual no questions asked. You can do things to speed up manual shifting such as adjusting your clutch, shortening your shift throw..etc.

Hopefully this helps.

Kev

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

From that, the key is 1) budget 2) what will the vehicle be used for. For track, I'd go with an auto hands down, due to faster shifts. If street use, being how I drive...Manual no questions asked. You can do things to speed up manual shifting such as adjusting your clutch, shortening your shift throw..etc.

my budget is extremely minimal. thats y im doing a v8 vs an upgrade motor in my car. the v8 is easier and cheaper.

its going to be my DD street car. but it has to be able to throw down against novas and all them chevy cars at the track. my car is manuel right now and ive always been against automatic, but i dont wanna regret not going auto if it would be the better choice. IMO stick is much more fun to drive because it requires skill, where automatic is simply put your foot to the floor and thats all you got. which is not admirable in my eyes. cuz anyone can push a pedal, not everyone can shift.

610EUROs

my budget is extremely minimal. thats y im doing a v8 vs an upgrade motor in my car. the v8 is easier and cheaper.

its going to be my DD street car. but it has to be able to throw down against novas and all them chevy cars at the track. my car is manuel right now and ive always been against automatic, but i dont wanna regret not going auto if it would be the better choice. IMO stick is much more fun to drive because it requires skill, where automatic is simply put your foot to the floor and thats all you got. which is not admirable in my eyes. cuz anyone can push a pedal, not everyone can shift.

little more than drop the gas with an auto, like people are saying the set up is esential. for daily driveability i would do the th400 with a kit to tighten up the shift points and if you are going to have 600@ the wheels... what i had to do in the past was a 1000 stall with a short 1st gear to get it moving and then a longer 2nd to keep me in the power ban. when i had my maro with 500 and a 2500 stall i couldnt keep from melting the tires on the line.(heavy 16 yr old foot)

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=29213 "sleeper build"

(1) DC AUDIO Level4XL 10

(2) PowermasterD2700 batteries

ALL FOR SALE

TEAM DC AUDIO

TEAM DIRTFLOORPOOR