first thing dont ask me about my car.

anyone who drive a chevy v8, i dont really want to hear about fords. but you guys can chime in cuz you will go through the same shit.

would you go with an automatic or a manuel transmission for a small block chevy motor ? it will be getting alot of upgrades maybe nos, turbos, not sure yet. but the goal is to have 600+ hp to the wheels. anyone who ever owned a manuel v8 how did the clutch last ?

610EUROs

well i never owned one, but my uncle mike , had a chevy silverado reg cab short bed, with a bad ass 454 big block and 6 speed tranny in it, dry sump, cam duble 4bar intake, bas ass truck point blank, would do all of 220-230 mph, and i can not thing of one time he had to replace the clutch in the truck but then again he did spend over 500 in the clutch and 300 for the flywheel but i would go with a stick when it comes to major power, autos can hold it but you have to upgrade the converter, and hope the bands and linkages can handle the heat build up and power as well

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

first thing dont ask me about my car.

anyone who drive a chevy v8, i dont really want to hear about fords. but you guys can chime in cuz you will go through the same shit.

would you go with an automatic or a manuel transmission for a small block chevy motor ? it will be getting alot of upgrades maybe nos, turbos, not sure yet. but the goal is to have 600+ hp to the wheels. anyone who ever owned a manuel v8 how did the clutch last ?

3500 stahl converter, full comp shift kit. and a trans break if your takin this thing to the track. youll waste alot of time trying to shift this bi*ch. automatic all the way. another plus you dont have to worry about your clutch going out ect.

I Rock 4 Doors 4 More Whores!

SMD SUPER SELLER

my seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-mama-feedback/

more seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-slaps-yo-mama/

Anyone that knows anything about performance can not directly answer the question. There are some variables that need to be answered.

Will the trans be stock or aftermarket?

What will the vehicle be used for, street or track?

What is the goal of the build, top speed or quick acceleration?

What will the RPM range be? (including redline)

If the goal is 600hp, what will the gearing of the diff's be and what size, kind of tires are we talking about for traction.

Are we talking about an electronic injected or carbed motor (due to defueling ranges)

Edited by str86diesel

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

If it is a trailer queen I would recommend the Auto.

As B said too much time wasted on missed shifts or what-not.

Or you could get on of those slap shifters.

Not sure of name or brand but just click it forward for each gear.

Powerglide maybe?

Excuse the young-naive-not-knowing-shit-about-true-muscle-cars knowledge.

Will the trans be stock or aftermarket?

What will the vehicle be used for, street or track?

What is the goal of the build, top speed or quick acceleration?

If the is 600hp, what will the gearing of the diff's be and what size, kind of tires are we talking about for traction.

it will have an aftermarket trans. it will be my daily driver but it will also be a track car. i want it to have a good top speed but i also want to accelerate quick. it wont get driven on the highway much, pretty much just local and the track.

as for the diff. we arent sure yet, we have to pretty much swap out the entire rear end so im not snapping axles off the line everytime i get on the gas.

im looking for answers in general. not necessarily a very specific answer. just whether your expierence was good with an auto or a manuel and if you had both which was better.

610EUROs

buy a centerforce dual friction clutch.

best damn single disc clutch made.

we ran one in a dirt track race car and in a whole season it burnt off like .003" off the disc.

thats if youre gonna go with a standard

and if you want a standard tranny, getr a 1 line or no line munci 4 speed, damn light as fuck and about bullet proof.

ran one of them in the race car too.

as for automatic, get a th-400

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

If it is a trailer queen I would recommend the Auto.

As B said too much time wasted on missed shifts or what-not.

Or you could get on of those slap shifters.

Not sure of name or brand but just click it forward for each gear.

Powerglide maybe?

Excuse the young-naive-not-knowing-shit-about-true-muscle-cars knowledge.

x2 dunno about the powerglide unless you get it built up. but they do usually use those cause with a kit they usually shift at 80 mph

I Rock 4 Doors 4 More Whores!

SMD SUPER SELLER

my seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-mama-feedback/

more seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-slaps-yo-mama/

it will have an aftermarket trans. it will be my daily driver but it will also be a track car. i want it to have a good top speed but i also want to accelerate quick. it wont get driven on the highway much, pretty much just local and the track.

as for the diff. we arent sure yet, we have to pretty much swap out the entire rear end so im not snapping axles off the line everytime i get on the gas.

im looking for answers in general. not necessarily a very specific answer. just whether your expierence was good with an auto or a manuel and if you had both which was better.

as for a rear end, id get a chevy 12 bolt, theyre pretty tough, or if you want more gear ratio availability get a ford 9" and fab it in there.

might i ask what kind of car this is going in?

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.