Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

subwoofer box in a boat


terrien4t

Recommended Posts

Posted

Most people I know with boats don't do ported boxes

There too big and heavy

+ you don't get the same bass as you do in a car

You will get the same bass away from boat just not in

That's why many do sealed

120-160lbs at the bow will normal hinder getting up on a plane

And make the nose dive too easy when off the power

Posted

looks like a sweet spot for a l7.....

on a side note john253a could be right, I'm just a self proclaimed audio engineer.... I said ported because if your going to pressurize any air ported would be the way to go but I can imagine sealed sounding real nice, I wouldnt know though, I dont go on boats.

Posted

Are you putting it where you have the sub sitting in the pic

Or putting it back under the wheel

Idd 1/2 marine ply and glass the inside of under the wheel, and do the same with the panel you have

And fit the l7 in the same spot,

And depending on the volume of that area you have, would determine weather to port it or not

That way you keep the weight down, using 1/2 marine ply and glass,

Posted

I will be putting the l7 under the steering wheel and building a complete new box for it. So this raises the question to port or not to port or do I port and put a plexi glass front on it to make it pressurized trying to determine which way is going to give the best sound.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3493 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...