rsfm089 Posted April 28, 2014 Author Report Posted April 28, 2014 If that's what it will take then that's what it takes
alaskanzx5 Posted April 28, 2014 Report Posted April 28, 2014 I've left my gain all the way down on a t1500.1bdcp pushing a t2d415. Stock electrical 3.5cuft box tuned to around 35hz and managed to do a 142.? On the dash. Not sure if or how much getting the gain set would have helped on a meter. It worked great and kept the car flexing better then 2 t2d412 in a 4cuft box tuned to 38hz. just a reference really though. I mean just because the gain is all the way down doesn't mean you won't have output. t1500bdcp 2 t2d4 15" 1 t600.4 1 t400.2 1 set p1 tweets singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.
rsfm089 Posted April 28, 2014 Author Report Posted April 28, 2014 I only put it at about half now and that's cause I don't care about the subs but I don't want to clip a two fifty sub I don't have money to burn up
alaskanzx5 Posted April 28, 2014 Report Posted April 28, 2014 Clipping can cause heat build up in the amp and more voltage drop. t1500bdcp 2 t2d4 15" 1 t600.4 1 t400.2 1 set p1 tweets singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.
alaskanzx5 Posted April 28, 2014 Report Posted April 28, 2014 Gain up high not set right creates clipping. t1500bdcp 2 t2d4 15" 1 t600.4 1 t400.2 1 set p1 tweets singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.
Guest Posted April 28, 2014 Report Posted April 28, 2014 clipping = distortion. distortion does not always mean clipping. "gain at half", you could easily be clipping.
rsfm089 Posted April 28, 2014 Author Report Posted April 28, 2014 I'm going to leave it real low and run the sub at 2ohm for now. I know that 2 ohms doesn't mean I can't f it up bit less power and almost no gain has to hold me over for nom
alaskanzx5 Posted April 28, 2014 Report Posted April 28, 2014 You can burn a voice could under rms and clipping. t1500bdcp 2 t2d4 15" 1 t600.4 1 t400.2 1 set p1 tweets singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.
PolishThunder Posted April 28, 2014 Report Posted April 28, 2014 Portsideaudio is in Port Washington and he's got a dd-1 send him a message
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.