Second Skin Audio

Need To Build A Box

i need need help building a temporary box. im not sure what subs and amp im running yet and might be a lil low on cash becuase i still got to buy some rims. im getting ready to order the rockford 800t and 4 boston acoustic pros 6.5. to get my interoir done. i have a rockford 1000t amp and 2 rockford p3 12's laying around. i listen to nothing but rap and just need to sound decent and beat the block down. my measure ments are 17x37x????(up to 30). not sure what to tune to this will be my first box but i willing to take my time and get it done right. almost forgot its going in a 96 cadillac deville, so i guess the subs and port will face towards the back of the car.

Edited by caddylac

Here is my shot at it. 17" tall, by 17" deep, by 37" wide. 3.5" wide slot port, L1 = 12", L2 = 5". Net volume = ~4 ft^3 @ ~35 Hz. Used Rockford's specs and RE box calc. Might need input from amatt on this one, for a second opinion.

Edited by duct_tape123

• 1 month later...

quick up date every thing has been hushmatted in the interoir and i componets are and interoir put back together. does anyone else have a suggestion on how many cubic feet and whats to tune too. this will be for rap music only. i guess aimed more for mini ground pounder than spl or is ducttapes suggestion about rite on.

you say you're not sure what subs/amps your running yet? if not we cannot help you till you find that out, to be more precise on the box. as far as tuning...yeah i'd tune between 33-35 hz for daily listening.

unless you're using that amp and pair of 12's you mentioned up there

yea sorry about that im gonna go ahead and my rims and save up for the subs and amps i really want$$$$. i got boston acoutics pro 60's in each door and a rockford 800t to them. my brothers gonna let me use his rockford 1000t and 2 12 inch rockford P3 dual 4 ohm wired down to 1 ohm at the amp.