• 1 month later...

Looks good man! I been following the thread and wanted to know if the xp's are holding up? I have the same amp and going to run 2-hdc312's. Did you put a HO alt along with it? You plan on sealing the trunk off?

• 1 month later...

Looks good man! I been following the thread and wanted to know if the xp's are holding up? I have the same amp and going to run 2-hdc312's. Did you put a HO alt along with it? You plan on sealing the trunk off?

The batts are holding up good, I don't have a HO alt but my cars stock alt is 180a. But my alt did die on me but Dodge replaced my alt and stock batt which was cool. I don't think I will seal off the trunk. I been reading and it seems like sealing it off is more work than the benefits and I don't want to ruin my trunk.

SOLD

2006 Ford Ranger Single Cab
2 DC XL 15's
2 Crescendo BC2k's
4th Order Blowthrough

CURRENT

2012 Dodge Charger R/T

2 Tantric HD 12's

Ampere 3800

2 XS XP 3000's

The batts are holding up good, I don't have a HO alt but my cars stock alt is 180a. But my alt did die on me but Dodge replaced my alt and stock batt which was cool. I don't think I will seal off the trunk. I been reading and it seems like sealing it off is more work than the benefits and I don't want to ruin my trunk.

Yeah I can understand lol! I'll know if I'm sealing mine once I'm done with the build and see how it comes along!

Did you run a power wire from alt to back? If so, how did you route it and where did you ground in the rear at? I'm asking because I have a 300c and I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to wire up!

Where did you read this at? Have you experienced it? I can tell you from my experience with 2 12's in my civic, as soon as I sealed off my trunk and separated the spaces between the truck and cabin, it was a noticeable gain to the ear! I curious what anyone else has to say about this, and who's saying you wouldn't get benefit out of the amount of work. Shouldn't be that much work anyway.

Also it wont ruin anything if you do it right. If you use the expanding foam then put tape or a layer of newspaper down on the surfaces you dont want to get messed up. There are other tips and helpful things to do to keep it clean and get it back to stock if need be.

Nav-TV Zen V Audio Interface

AudioControl DM-608

(2) Stevens Audio Neo-Comp Full-Size Horns

(4) Faital Pro 6PR160 6.5"

AudioControl LC-6.1200

(1) Fi Neo 4.7 15" D2 in 3.74 Cubic Feet @ 27.70 Hz

Ampere Audio AA3800.1

Odyssey ODP-AGM48 Battery (Starting)

Odyssey ODX-AGM31 Battery (Trunk)

Big 3 - 2\0 Welding Cable, KnuKonceptz Speaker Wire & 1/0 Power Cable, NVX RCAs, Second Skin (Speaker Tweaker Pads, Damplifier Pro Mat), Diode Dynamics LEDs

Archived