All I smell is Voice Coil..... Please help!

Ok, This is my first post I have been a long time reader and decided today was the day. Just a quick overview of my system I know its not the best but take it easy. I have a Alpine type-r 12d4, hifonics brx 1600.d1, running stock electrical, 2 gauge power and ground, the box is made to the manf specs and tuned to like 33hz. I have set my gain with the DD-1, which the guy at shop tried to ward me off from doing. I feel that im doing everything right. I like my music loud and i get into the 50's so i know im pushing this thing. Also its a 1000w RMS. speaker and my amp is pushing 1200w @2ohms, should i turn my gain down?. Ive read that this is fine as long as it clean power. All in all, this just doesnt seem to be getting as loud as it can IMO, its a 1.7cu ft box too if that helps. The smell of the voice coil comes when im playing music nice and loud and i will admit i know im pushing it. Im already wanting to upgrade to a DC. PS. I know it can be my music that is clipping, I have a galaxy gs4 and i use bluetooth, CD's seem too quiet but do sound cleaner. I guess i want the most I can get out of this sub and realizing it shit, just looking for some advice. Thanks guys.

AQ3500.1
15" Fi SP4
1/0 Knuconceptz Power/Ground

1/0 Sky High Big 3 Upgrade
Pioneer AVH-4200NEX
XS Power D1200 Underhood

Intimidator Gel In Trunk

CES 250A Alternator

Which Track did you tune with on the DD-1. If you did the -10db track, that could be part of the issue. Try the -5db track and see if it improves.

How bad is the voltage drop? that plays a part in introducing clipping also.

Brandon

2000 Furd Ranger supercab 4x4

System:

welding wire throughout the truck

USalts 390amp Hairpin

Juicebox in stock location

8 Banks of maxwell supercaps

2 American Bass Vfl 1100.1 wired to .35 each

2 Fi Audio Sp4 18's ( the DD sc 9918's smoked)

Pioneer radio with Soundstream PA mids Powered by a nice sized soundstream 2 channel

It's pronounced (dain-ja rain-ja) :ph34r:

2001 2 door focus

1 DD9918 SC 

Those are 2 things i havent checked. Do i want to check voltage at the amp or the car battery or alternator?

AQ3500.1
15" Fi SP4

Pioneer AVH-4200NEX
XS Power D1200 Underhood

Intimidator Gel In Trunk

CES 250A Alternator

Its really bad too when i play songs that get low.... at first i thought my box was tuned too high but 32 should be good for most anything right... what should my subsonic be? If it hits too low that is bad too correct?

AQ3500.1
15" Fi SP4

Pioneer AVH-4200NEX
XS Power D1200 Underhood

Intimidator Gel In Trunk

CES 250A Alternator

The first place I would check is at the amp. If it's dropping into the high 12s consistently, you are probably overdriving the amp and causing it to clip. Have you done the big 3 yet? If not, look into that. Go as big as you can afford on the wire (1/0 ofc is preferred)

A safe spot for subsonic would be right around 25 hz I'd say.

If your main source of music is from bluetooth, then you need to download the DD-1 tracks from D amores website and find the clipping point using your phone as the source.

Brandon

2000 Furd Ranger supercab 4x4

System:

welding wire throughout the truck

USalts 390amp Hairpin

Juicebox in stock location

8 Banks of maxwell supercaps

2 American Bass Vfl 1100.1 wired to .35 each

2 Fi Audio Sp4 18's ( the DD sc 9918's smoked)

Pioneer radio with Soundstream PA mids Powered by a nice sized soundstream 2 channel

It's pronounced (dain-ja rain-ja) :ph34r:

2001 2 door focus

1 DD9918 SC 

Thank you I will look into that tomorrow. I'll take it easy on it for now.

AQ3500.1
15" Fi SP4

Pioneer AVH-4200NEX
XS Power D1200 Underhood

Intimidator Gel In Trunk

CES 250A Alternator

Great info given here... Only thing I can add.... Did you dd1 with the car off? When you set your gains it will clip at that voltage. So car on, anything below 14v might clip, this is straight from the man himself tony.

Also I second the -10db track thing. Might want to tune with negative 5 and see where it is, and find a half way point at about -7.5.... Or get a -7.5 track. I also second the Bluetooth source thing...

Last thing I'd add is does your phone have a EQ? Make sure that is off when streaming.

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?

I did do it with the car on. I will download the tracks and double check all of my settings. I also have my eq on flat or off whatever it is. Could it be that 1200w is too much? I want to sell this sub now and get better non mainstream sub haha.

AQ3500.1
15" Fi SP4

Pioneer AVH-4200NEX
XS Power D1200 Underhood

Intimidator Gel In Trunk

CES 250A Alternator

Nah, even if it is too much, just put that sub through hell.

Follow all the above suggestions besides changing sub and you will be good...

Now if you wanted to improve your system then by all means, make improvements, but changing a sub will not stop your voice coil from being stinky when your clipping on bad voltage ;)

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?

why in The hell did the guy at the shop try to tell you not to useva dd1? let me.guess he said tune by ear? i freaking hate audio shops! i swear they just talk to hear them selfs talk!

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff