hdorre Posted April 29, 2014 Report Posted April 29, 2014 I'm doing a rebuild this summer, and figured I'd run my current box through BBP6. I looked at the graphs that matter, and the one that worried me is port velocity. Although it doesn't account for flared aeros, the velocity still makes me think... If I ONLY increased port area (tuning, subs, and net volume remained the same), how would my setup be affected? I'm speaking mainly in terms of frequency response and efficiency. I'm looking for general answers. I'm not looking a HUGE jump in port area.. Only from 12.56sqin to 19.64sqin. On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said: On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said: It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15 LMFAO so true Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build) Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium 2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power My Official Feedback Thread
CleanSierra Posted April 29, 2014 Report Posted April 29, 2014 Where you getting a 5" aero from?!? Do you get port noise with the current 4" aero? Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
hdorre Posted April 29, 2014 Author Report Posted April 29, 2014 Where you getting a 5" aero from?!? Do you get port noise with the current 4" aero? Bill LoloThere's something. I think it's SLIGHT turbulance. On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said: On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said: It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15 LMFAO so true Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build) Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium 2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power My Official Feedback Thread
CleanSierra Posted April 29, 2014 Report Posted April 29, 2014 Is that was the strange noise that you were hearing was at a certain frequency? I remember you saying something awhile back and we thought it might be a leak. A 5" port might be enough to squeak by and eliminate your port noise. It's not like jumping from a 4 to 6" port though. A 6" would have to be so damn long to get your tuning where you wanted it. I know those ports aren't check to just buy and try. I WOULD say do it though and see how it goes. Port noise sucks Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Joe X Posted April 29, 2014 Report Posted April 29, 2014 If the noise comes from the port and it's flared I am sure your port peak airspeed is way up, as the port clogs it's output drops compared to playing at lower power, if an insignificant proportion air moves through the port compared to what the sub displaces it starts to behave like a sealed box of similar size.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.