This is my setup

1-pioneer 80 prs

2-audison lrx 4.1, 2.9, 1.1

3-hertz mille mlk2

4-hertz xl

5-arc audio subs

6-audison connection capacitor

7- alpine pxa h700

the mlk2 woofer is connected to the lrx 2.9 ( active )

the tweeter of mlk2 is connected to the lrx 4.1 ( active )

the hertz xl is also connected to lrx 4.1 ( passive )

the arc audio subs is connected to lrx 1.1

The sound is processed by alpine pxa 700

I hear static noise coming from the front mlk2 especially tweeters

And I hear like another type of noise in all speakers like maybe what you call floor noise.

guys I really need to figure out if the noise is from the pioneer or the pxa.

As for me this noise is irritating, i start to hear that static noise once i turn on the volume on the pxa to around 22

What is the easiest way for me to make sure where is the problem

could it be from pxa, pioneer, ground, alternator or any of my audison amp lrx 4.1,2.9,1.1

so what shall I do to know the cause.

what I noticed is that when I chose aux1 as a source in pioneer the noise is more than aux2 in pioneer, when I check the sound I don't have anything plugged into the aux 1 or 2, I just turn the volume to max on alpine pxa to check the noise, so its so weird to have aux1 causing this noise while aux 2 is also producing noise but not like aux1

unfortunately I don't have a ai-net cable

i tried another thing

more update so I connected a fiio x3 player directly to the pxa and removed the pioneer from the pxa

the static sound from the tweeters disappeared but the woofers noise sound is still there

Your processor have input gains ???

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

it has no inputs gains, why, but I need to adjust the level with the hu, even if I turn the HU volume to 0 and raise the volume of the pxa to full volume the noise is there

i don't think I am having too much gain, as I barely raised the gains of the amps so its at low levels of gain

• 2 weeks later...

honestly i would get rid of the processor ... that head unit will be able to do EVERYTHING you need it to do and you can cut out the processor. having to many things to do one things makes for headaches and redundancy. i would bet if you cut out the processor you would get better SQ better dynamics staging and no more hiss.

honestly i would get rid of the processor ... that head unit will be able to do EVERYTHING you need it to do and you can cut out the processor. having to many things to do one things makes for headaches and redundancy. i would bet if you cut out the processor you would get better SQ better dynamics staging and no more hiss.

I disagree with this. PXA-H700 gives a 31-band graphic EQ or parametric EQ control over each individual channel, plus time alignment on each channel. Add level controls onto that and you have far more driver control with this processor than 80PRS alone. I would not use 80PRS with a separate processor because of the DSP onboard the head unit would be left completely unused. I know a lot of people do not feel the need for so much signal manipulation, but unless the H700 is in fact adding audible noise(very possible considering it's an old piece and one more device in the signal path) I would take the extra tuning control.

I had a far better sounding setup when I went from tuning by head unit alone to adding an H700. In my case I had the Alpine 7998, not an 80PRS.

I disagree with this. PXA-H700 gives a 31-band graphic EQ or parametric EQ control over each individual channel, plus time alignment on each channel. Add level controls onto that and you have far more driver control with this processor than 80PRS alone. I would not use 80PRS with a separate processor because of the DSP onboard the head unit would be left completely unused. I know a lot of people do not feel the need for so much signal manipulation, but unless the H700 is in fact adding audible noise(very possible considering it's an old piece and one more device in the signal path) I would take the extra tuning control.

I had a far better sounding setup when I went from tuning by head unit alone to adding an H700. In my case I had the Alpine 7998, not an 80PRS.

yes 31 band is nice but unless you are doing RTA the amount of bands PER CHANNEL that the 80prs has is plenty enough. The 80PRS also has individual level control and individual time alignment. individual crossover individual phase, the amount of eq manipulation you gain on the processor will be good for RTA and that's about it ... i used only the 80PRS with a 5.25 PASSIVE component set and i got third at world finals .... so i can attest for the capabilities of the 80PRS from experience.

Archived