Cj Kumz Posted May 1, 2014 Report Posted May 1, 2014 Hey guys. I need some help setting this H/U.. Ok I have heard most people saying on average before setting your amp you start with your H/U. And most recommend roughly 3/4 volume.. So question is when you on that 3/4 volume this should be done with all Eq on flat?? Meaning if you add bass you have to reduce on that 3/4 volume?? Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
SIDE SHOW Posted May 8, 2014 Report Posted May 8, 2014 deck should be set to flat eq and no bass boost and bass on 0. (don't use the loud feature)
daimer Posted May 8, 2014 Report Posted May 8, 2014 A guy from another forum tested a bunch of players and found that most Pioneers of this class begin to distort at around 58-60/62 at the RCA outs and at 51-53/62 at the integrated amplifier. That is if all settings are flat. I personally have a 590IB (6900IB) and the stated numbers are valid for mine My humble build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/192602-corsa-b-daily-build-with-12-ground-zero-new-box-in/ Single Zv4 Rev.2 15" on a 10k amp: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/201434-my-reviewtest-of-the-zv4-rev2-15/
Cj Kumz Posted May 12, 2014 Author Report Posted May 12, 2014 deck should be set to flat eq and no bass boost and bass on 0. (don't use the loud feature) Yah I adjusted everything to flat and it sounds far much better and clear. Thanks a lot. Uhmm what are your thoughts over using the sound retriever setting? especially when using a flash drive? Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
Cj Kumz Posted May 12, 2014 Author Report Posted May 12, 2014 A guy from another forum tested a bunch of players and found that most Pioneers of this class begin to distort at around 58-60/62 at the RCA outs and at 51-53/62 at the integrated amplifier. That is if all settings are flat. I personally have a 590IB (6900IB) and the stated numbers are valid for mine Wow that is quite a good sight hey. Yah a mate of mine told me they are quite good head units. So in a setup 50/62 would be the best in my case since I do not have an amp for my mids?? Though that will mean I will those some volts output from my rcas Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
daimer Posted May 12, 2014 Report Posted May 12, 2014 About the voltage - I made a test with a 50hz 0db tone. 45/62 - 0,42 volts50/62 - 0,76 volts55/62 - 1,32 volts60/62 - 2,23 volts62/62 - 3,67 volts After the test I found out that I forgot the LPF at 50hz, so the voltage is a bit lower, but you get the idea. In other words - forget about those 4 volts stated in the book In my opinion you should be fine at 52/62 My humble build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/192602-corsa-b-daily-build-with-12-ground-zero-new-box-in/ Single Zv4 Rev.2 15" on a 10k amp: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/201434-my-reviewtest-of-the-zv4-rev2-15/
Cj Kumz Posted May 12, 2014 Author Report Posted May 12, 2014 HAHA yah I get the point. I have always had my volume set at around 45/62 and amp gain over half lol. Think ama reset things as soon as I get the chance. Thanks again Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
bassman619 Posted May 12, 2014 Report Posted May 12, 2014 Ooo...sounds like you need a smd dd1 or an oscilloscope You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries
Cj Kumz Posted May 13, 2014 Author Report Posted May 13, 2014 Ooo...sounds like you need a smd dd1 or an oscilloscope Yah very true.. Though don't have any of those nearby so doing a temporal setup before I can get my hands on them. Hey do you think the Sound Retriever should be set on. Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
SIDE SHOW Posted May 13, 2014 Report Posted May 13, 2014 I set my headunit up todo nothing but send signal to my amps, and crossover points. all the other bells a whistels on the headunit I don't use at all...I found if you do use them they may sound good for the song you are listening to at the time, then the next song will come on and sound bloody awful.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.