Sonic Electronix

Need help making a tough decision (components + amp)

Alright gang, I just put in the SAZ1000D and a single SA8v2 in my new hatch. Later on this summer I would like to have a new set of components in the front doors and eventually a pair to match them for the rear doors. Looking for quality products for a budget minded SQ type of guy.

I know that is asking a lot. I've been out of the industry for a while and just confused with all the new products that are out there these days.

There isn't much out now that wasn't out before in the sq market, so go with the brands you trust the most.

The vast majority of what is out there is all made in the same shops with different branding on them and slight variations between them all.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

My bad I forgot to tell you guys, both sets front and rear are 6.5's, budget per set needs to be in the 100-200 range. I'm on an interns budget right now :(

Also I wouldnt mind getting away with a coaxial set if i can rather than a true component set.

For some budget Components I would go Jbl. I persinally have some of sonys new GS series 6.5s and they sound pretty damn good to me atleast, think you can get em for around 100 on ebay.

Visit as many shops as you can to get a better idea on what you like that sounds like something you would want to put in the ride.

With all the choices out there it can be one of the tougher decisions to make, but to be quite honest though you would be better off buying higher quality speakers on a high quality amplifier and do it once, and that is coming from someone that has been through as many as a dozen different sets of speakers in 3 years. My recommendations are the JBL's and Hertz with the jbl's being the budget line to buy if you cannot afford the hertz line of speakers, and the one thing you'll want to stay away from is playing them or anything else full range as you'll run into problems with torn surrounds, torn triple joints and torn tinsel leads from over excursion. (Ask me how i know) lol

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Archived