Sonic Electronix

Need help making a tough decision (components + amp)

I'm a fan of Morel. Had the Maximo components, and am now using the Tempo 6's. Also had the JBL MS62c which had terrible build quality on my set.

Alpine PDX-V9

Morel Tempo 6

Alpine SBR-S8-4

Alpine CDE 149BT

I think instead of getting two sets of cheaper components I am going to get one nice midrange set for the front. I noticed that the rear sets in this car become inaudible once the sub really starts beating. So far for midrange I have the Morel Tempo's, Hertz ESK, Sundown SA-6.5 CS, few others....

I would try the sundown sa 6.5 components also, maybe crescendo audio cz 6.5s too

06 monte carlo

2 12 rockford p3s

soundstream rubicon 2500

crescendo audio mezzo 6.5

ct sounds 125.4

execution audio and shca wiring

2 xs d3400 on stock alt

I would try the sundown sa 6.5 components also, maybe crescendo audio cz 6.5s too

I've looked at the Cresendo's, they are also an option. I just want to be sure that this one set will handle what I can toss at it and still sound good. I listen to tons of different Electronica music, mostly Techno, Trance, House, Dubstep, Trap, Drum&Bass.

If you are going to skip the comps in the back, spend the money up front and get Crescendo's Mezzo comps. $250

Ill be ordering a pair pretty soon and from what I hear they get plenty loud to compliment my 1500w substage and sound damn good doing it. Just dont blow a fat wad on your front door speaks if your not going to deaden them or at least put something like http://store.secondskinaudio.com/speaker-tweaker-kit/

Shame to hear everything sound like crap after spending time and money

07 KIA Spectra

320a Singer Alt

Odyssey Extreme batteries

2 12" Phantom sounds (4.6 cu. net @ 32) - soon to be 2 Atomic ELE

2 Rockford Fosgate T2500bd-CP

Zapco Z150.2

Front comps soon to be Hertz HSK

Pioneer 80prs

Second skin deadener throughout

If you are going to skip the comps in the back, spend the money up front and get Crescendo's Mezzo comps. $250

Ill be ordering a pair pretty soon and from what I hear they get plenty loud to compliment my 1500w substage and sound damn good doing it. Just dont blow a fat wad on your front door speaks if your not going to deaden them or at least put something like http://store.secondskinaudio.com/speaker-tweaker-kit/

Shame to hear everything sound like crap after spending time and money

I hear ya man, I already matted nearly the entire car about two days after I got it so when I began the install process that was one less thing I had to do.

I'll probably get shot for asking, but I noticed the Polk Audio DB6501 sets have seriously good reviews. Anything wrong with them?

I haven't used any of their mids, but as far as the polk db tweeters go they are great. Decently loud, pretty smooth and damn durable. I have had my set in my Mazda going on 9 straight years of abuse on overpowering (with a clean signal of course).

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

Archived