MoFatt0529 Posted May 3, 2014 Report Posted May 3, 2014 Anyone ever worked for one? How long did you work there? I was just curious, how many hours did you get, how was the schedualing done, how long did you work there? I was raised in the military and we moved very often, very often so Its not like its going to be some new job i am going to hate. just wondering how many hours I will get and what its like every day.
gr8handogoatness Posted May 3, 2014 Report Posted May 3, 2014 I worked for one for like 2 years in highschool. I worked long hours over the summer and on some weekends but not as much during the school year. Mainly due to school but also less jobs available. It kept me in shape and I got to be a master a backing up a tiny trailer with that big truck. Overall I would say... Go to college and learn a skill that you can use to support yourself. You will thank yourself. I once worked 4 18 hour days in a row and then got screwed on my paycheck because we took lunch and used the bosses card, which he told us to do. Anyway it depends on the job. Packing peoples stuff into boxes sucks, packing stuff onto the truck can be fun and definitely something you gotta learn how to do. On those 18 hour days we moved a mansion and then the guy gave me a Rockford fosgate deck that he took out of his Ferrari. Only one I've ever seen. We got tipped well, like 100 each but worked ourselves half to death on that job. I also packed that truck so tight there was no room for air it seemed like. Good memories that I would like to keep memories.
Trey_Dog650 Posted May 3, 2014 Report Posted May 3, 2014 my father in law is a professional mover. are you doing like travel moving or local moving. its super hard work and hes done it for so long its taking its toll on his body but hes pretty strong for his size lol 13 Kia Forte Build! 07 Hyundai Accent Build ***Super Seller*** N8ball2013 And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.
ingramcaraudio Posted May 3, 2014 Report Posted May 3, 2014 I do local moving on the weekends through craigslist easy money doing it on your own but I would never work for a company or under someone. Facebookhttp://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Farmville-VA/Rockwell-Audio/103036213076623?ref=ts
OrzechNJ Posted May 4, 2014 Report Posted May 4, 2014 u have to try it.. Ive done it part time back in Poland.. once we had to take a piano from 4th floor without elevator LOL.. there was 7 of us and it was hard as fuck.. sometimes Loud is NOT pretty Sounds like its safe to go ahead and bend that ass over.
MoFatt0529 Posted May 4, 2014 Author Report Posted May 4, 2014 were I live the isnt really anything higher the the 2nd story... But I actually got a job as a cabinet installer
Cipher Posted May 4, 2014 Report Posted May 4, 2014 Long hours, over worked, underpaid, crap benefits, wear and tare on the body, no advancement. Want to work for peanuts and go home feeling like you've had been hit by a truck, then its the job for you!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.