lifted_silverado Posted May 4, 2014 Report Posted May 4, 2014 When I was 15 a guy me and my buddies used to hang with was 20 at the time and did alot of fab body work on bagged trucks and his tahoe. He had 4 ma audio 12 on an ma audio 4k amp I swear you couldnt breath or read street signs if you were in the back seat. I was hooked, I used to cut lawns for extra money and occasionally get the older person willing to pay to clean out a garage, shed etc. id find surround sound recievers, old towers or whatever and buy it from them or trade the cleaning for it. My room had 10 12s, 2 15s, and an assload of 6.5s in towers all hooked up to random shit, I didnt care it was loud. I would trip breakers and shit at my parents house so id have to wait til they were runnung errands or working before I could play it. Once I got my license and car I saved up and bought 2 kicker cvr 15s a cheap "2k watt" amp and 4 6.5 seleniums. Didnt care about impedance or anything hooked it all up and blared it, amps would protect voltage would drop like crazy haha. Youtubing systems one day found a video of Mike Singers eclipse with the lms ultra 18s and was blown away, then Meades videos before I realized he had a forum. Ive learned a ton since joining here. I wish I could go back to being a kid again I swear. Everythings in the attic or garage since the truck was sold last year. New build should be coming soon in a dodge cummins
Pasta Prime Posted May 4, 2014 Report Posted May 4, 2014 I've been an audiophile all of my life. When I was a new born all my folks could do to keep my from crying was to strap those big ass old school headphones to my little head and hook it up to the record player. Yes.... I said record player lol. Music has always been apart of my life. My mom has a pic of me as a baby laying on the floor with the same kind of headphones on....I think that's when I got hooked. Plus my mom always listen to loud music in the car and such. Also I had a friend that was into just about anything high tech and he built me a ported wedge box for a Cerwin Vega 12 that sat on my seat in an old 64 F100. But the real addiction started when a high school buddy showed me his cousins mini truck. It was all Orion with a blow through. I still remember change bouncing on his tonneau cover. After that the gas tank behind my seat went in the bed and the addiction grew. New build coming........ YouTube:http://www.youtube.c...6?feature=guide Old Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d-on-the-cheap/ Old Screen name: Redrebel66
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.