Jump to content

How did you guys get into car audio?


Recommended Posts

Posted

When I was 13 or 14 my brother had a pair of power acoustic fubar 12's in his car and I swore they took your breath away, I remember I was mesmorized by them. I remember our mom wouldnt let us change the radio in her blazer and said when you get your own car you can listen to whatever you want, so thats what he did, and in his 95 2 door escort as we made our way to the tire shop with my brother, my mom and I listening to ghetto cowboy by bonethugs, she was complaining and turned it down and my brother said "when you get your own car you can listen to whatever you want"... and that how I got into car audio.

Sadly, my brother passed away and I enherited them when I was 15, but being the young currupted kid I was I sold them for drugs or whatever it was I wanted a few years after that. I did get to have them In my 88 bronco running off of the rear speaker channels for a few days... man those were some sweet subs

Whats your story?

Posted

I'm in it for the beer and the bitches ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Posted

Bout 5 years ago, was watching videos for headphones and one of Meades videos showed up. That was when I went to a flea market and bought 4 15's and a couple old home stereos. I had no idea what the fuck i was doing :noob:

Posted

First car had horrible sound and a tape deck. I wanted a CD player. So began the downward spiral of speakers, subs, better HU, ect.

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

 

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

Posted

I screwed a 15 inch home subwoofer to the back of a computer chair when I was 12

Posted

Kid in town thought he was the shit so i read up and dropped 5k just to beat him, totally worth it. Was running fi and sundown mainly as first systems. Really a great community to be around, get to learn alot. Getting older and dropped my sound levels and focused more on appearance and doing stuff the right way. Thanks meade for having such a great forum that anyone can refer to when they need help.

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 1311 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...