Db link 0 gauge for big 3

So my alternator recently went out, so I ordered a 240a mechman g series alternator. My question is this, would db link 0gauge wire be fine to do the big 3 upgrade with? I already bought it. He sold me 20' for $30. After doing some reading, I saw that this was rated for 200 amps. They also say that they under rate them. So would I be fine using this wire with a 240a alternator? If not, could I do 2 runs for each connection to make up for it? Thank you

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

You should be fine with the DB Link for as short of runs you will be making in the big 3. Just make sure your contacts are tight and that your metal areas for ground are bare and clean. You should have no problem.

Should be fine like he said if short runs but doubling it up would be better if u have extra.

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

ok. well the run from alt positive to battery positive will be sort of long. in the pic, my alt is down in the engine under the arrow, and the red line will be where the wire is ran, is this too long?

500engine2.jpg

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

DB Link is not bad wire. I've seen the side by side comparisons with 5-6 other wires in the pics and this stuff soapy had a decent strand count and is OFC. Once I get all of my new wire run, and alternator(hopefully this week sometime), I'll have an extra, 12-14' run of that DB Link leftover. It's the darker blue stuff. If you'd like any extra, let me know, I'll let it go cheap cheap. The one downside to this wire is that it isn't flexible at all.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

DB Link is not bad wire. I've seen the side by side comparisons with 5-6 other wires in the pics and this stuff soapy had a decent strand count and is OFC. Once I get all of my new wire run, and alternator(hopefully this week sometime), I'll have an extra, 12-14' run of that DB Link leftover. It's the darker blue stuff. If you'd like any extra, let me know, I'll let it go cheap cheap. The one downside to this wire is that it isn't flexible at all.

Yeah, it looks like some pretty decent wire. The guy I bought it from was saying it was aluminum clad? I've never heard of that. The wires are all completely silver. I got one 14' run of the dark blue, a 3' run of dark blue, and a 3' run of clear. And hit me up when you are done running your wires, i just may be interested :D Thanks!

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

Archived