Spl150db Posted May 6, 2014 Report Posted May 6, 2014 OK, So i have a '02 Lexus IS300, seats don't fold down, so i have a hole about 13"x8" (armrest) to the trunk. I have a DD 9012 in a sealed box (1.7cubes) against the back part of the seat facing the trunk. i was thinking about porting the box, Should i put the port on the same side as the sub, or should i port it out the back through the armrest hole? It's pretty loud right now, but im sure it can get louder. http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/94VG30DE/Car%20Audio/IS300%20Isabelle%20stereo%20build%20log/PIC-0099.jpg http://thumbs2.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mjea1qfGFjIYS_uNIaN9MDQ.jpg Its just 1 sub hole , offset on the right side.
timc31610 Posted May 6, 2014 Report Posted May 6, 2014 I say 4th order ported through the ski hole. Without alot more info on your current box no way to say if you could successfully port it or not. My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
Spl150db Posted May 6, 2014 Author Report Posted May 6, 2014 Box is pretty straight forward. like the picture but only 1 hole cut out. its on the right side. 1.7 cubes, about 2.2 with Polyfil. 1k watts. 4th order isnt possible seeing the box is already built up .l
alaskanzx5 Posted May 6, 2014 Report Posted May 6, 2014 I would build a whole new box. Do a 4th order through the skihole like was already suggested. could do a box sub back or up with a port through skihole. still though I would build new. t1500bdcp 2 t2d4 15" 1 t600.4 1 t400.2 1 set p1 tweets singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.
Spl150db Posted May 6, 2014 Author Report Posted May 6, 2014 I guess ill just leave it as it is then sealed.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.