Electrical needed for AQ3500 @ 0.5 ohms

You'd definitely be good if you went with the mechman but I know what you're talking about price difference. 380ah in batts and the 240 amp alt should do decent at the least but you'll need to do the big three for sure with either alternator and with those three done correctly you should be able to manage but more in ah power won't hurt. :morepower1:

Chevelle%20Team%20Cover%20without%20RE%2

^Vehicle log to come soon for this.^

• 5 months later...

I have no option but to wire it down to 0.5 due to my subs, my question is- what electrical must I have to have it as a daily? I am going to purchase 4 C&D 78ah batteries in an hour or so and everything else is stock

thanks

I own a AQ 3500 and if you're going to run it on everything else being stock and just those four batts you'll blow that amp due to low power. Here's a screenshot of what you should be looking for the AQ:tumblr_n56ahcqiQy1re8zxso1_1280.png

I have no option but to wire it down to 0.5 due to my subs, my question is- what electrical must I have to have it as a daily? I am going to purchase 4 C&D 78ah batteries in an hour or so and everything else is stock

thanks

I own a AQ 3500 and if you're going to run it on everything else being stock and just those four batts you'll blow that amp due to low power. Here's a screenshot of what you should be looking for the AQ:tumblr_n56ahcqiQy1re8zxso1_1280.png
Hahaha hahaha. I hear this claim so often but honestly I would love for you to explain to me exactly WHY the amp will "blow due to low power"....

If this is what happens to amps when they receive "low power" then I would have blown every single 3k+ amp I've ever owned. Somehow I've never blown a single one even with voltage dropping to 11v. (Owned around 6 bigger amps)

Yes, it's true your amps will put a large amount of current draw on your cars electrical system. Yes it will shorten the life of your batteries and stock alternator but amp? Not in my opinion and until somebody tells me what about low voltage causes an amp to blow I will continue to do what I do. Amp companies rate amps at at 12v and 11.6v for a reason (dd for example)

/rant ended

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:
152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class
155db outlaw

[quote name="Aidan Hansen"

tumblr_n56ahcqiQy1re8zxso1_1280.png

Where is that calculator?

Here:

http://www.xplicitaudio.com/electrical-systems/

this is not accurate at all. wired at .5 ohms makes the amp less efficient. if you was running it at 1 ohm it would be close. for .5 ohm i would not pay attention to that calculator

For this example, we will use 70% efficiency.

some are at that efficiency at 4 ohms. i think thats what the sundown amps are. you wire to 1 ohm and it drops to nearly 55% you wire it lower and who know what the efficiency will be

Ok guys I hooked it up, wired things, two runs of 1/0 on each... da da da... well started it and it charged at 15.6 and scared me and then went down to 14.8 but guys..its no longer charging my third time starting the car.. why? Nothing changed, the only thing I can think of is a loose wire somewhere but I dont think that occurred, also. Belt slippage doesn't seem to be the problem. And finally the only thing I can think of is the wire they said to hook up to a wire that gets hot when the ignition is on the RUN position, can anyone help? 8WWoP9d.jpg9znddVD.jpg

Kenwood KVT-614

(4) Marathon 155 AH batts

2/0 OFC SHCA

Mechman 370

(2) Audioque 3500.1

(2) AA Mayhem 15s

Archived