Sonic Electronix

Shop said they dont use DD1 or Oscope to tune. they do it by ear. Should i trust them?

Did not read any posts but no o scope no dd-1 no work. I would not even let them do the install it self.

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

The most dangerous phrase in the language is "we've always done it this way"

Anyone, anyplace at anytime who doesn't at least take the time to explain why or why not they do something is not looking out for your best interest. If a shop can not invest in the proper tools then they should at the very least explain why they do what they do. If they won't or can't YOU are in the wrong shop. All they want is your money because they do not or will not make the time for you otherwise .

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

While we are on the topic of shops saying shit. I just went to one a couple days ago and was asking about a dvd hu that turned out to be a 2volt, that it won't get as loud as a 4volt and not to get it because I have subs. Can someone lead me the right way on this? My current one was 4volt but that wasn't by design, I just wanted the 7 inch screen.

OK. I wanna thank everyone for the feedback. Its been tremendously helpful. I won't be competing with this car. At least not right away. Maybe if i feel like its loud as shit and i wanna see what it does on a meter. I may just buy a DD1 for myself. Let them tune it by ear or w/e, and just not blast it until i have the DD1 and can adjust it properly. I just don't have the time to install this stuff myself. I did my last install but that was before i took a new job in the oil field. This shop did my friends car and it was very clean, and it sounds very good, but i'd be interested to run the DD1 to it and see how its actually tuned. I'm going to run 1 1200/1 to both w7s at first, let them break in for a month, then come back and add a second 1200/1. I was under the impression that that amp has a set infrasonic filter at 30hz. but someone on here in another thread told me that its selectable. Not sure about that. If not, I might go with a 1000/1v3 because i think they have a selectable infrasonic filter.

your subs do not need to "break" in.they will get a louder with time and loosen up but no.need to "break" them in!

i forgot to mention last 2 people.and 3 systems I've retuned from my local audio shop the gain and boost was maxed out. actually one of the people is a member here. he has a dd m4 5000w amp and they maxed his gain And boost out. the best part is his deck has 5v preouts... sigh!

so if you do let them do it before you touch you volume knob go check and make sure the gain and boost aren't maxed. preferably do it with them there. if it is maxed out(like I'm willing to bet it is) ask them why!.please oh please ask them why! id love to hear the reason for them doing that!

if it is Maxed turn it all the way Down then just give it a slight turn. yea it might.not be the loudest it could be but until you Can get a dd1 or oscope at least you know your.not hurting anything!

where do you live? I'm sure one of us live close and would do your install

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

I live in southern Maryland. That would be great if someone here would install it for me. Cuz then i can buy shit for cheaper instead of getting it from the shop. even though they have reasonable prices, i don't need to spend 250 dollars on a 4 gauge amp install kit

2004 Jeep Liberty Limited

2 13w7s

skar 3500

cnf mids (soon)

xs batteries

Sorry bro in southern md only shop I would even think of going to would be eternal trends inwaldorf. But even then I would just do it my self. It kinda sucks for us southern md people.

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

$250 for a 4g kit? WT FLYING F? 0g kits aren't that much by me! if i were you id buy piece by piece off Ebay (all sky high cable) and it would be much much (MUCH) cheaper.. and better! i live in NY or else i would love to help you out.man.

$250 for 4g wow! i cant believe that! 0g are like $120 by me all ofc to

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

maybe not 250. But they installed my buddies 13w7 and 600.4 with jl c3s and his install was 1000 dollars. and they charged him like 150 for the amp kit. GRanted it was one of the cleanest installs ive ever seen. they dynamat and second skinned all his doors and roof.

2 13w7s

skar 3500

cnf mids (soon)

xs batteries

I called eternal trends in Waldorf and they don't DD1 or O scope either. I've got some decisions to make. I'm gonna see if i can talk them down. I found the new jl 1200/1v3 has an adjustable infrasonic filter, so ill prob grab 2 of those. Again i wanna thank everyone for the advice on this thread. I'll probably have them do the install, so that if anything breaks theyll fix it for free, and Ill just grab a DD1 as soon as i can, before i really start pushing it. His 13w7 has the 1200/1 with the set filter on it, and they have his gain about 2/5's of the way up. they def know what they are doing. I got into a long discussion with the shop installers about thiele small parameters and box impedance rise and they were very very knowledgeable. I trust them, but i trust the DD1 or an O scope more than any human's ears.

2 13w7s

skar 3500

cnf mids (soon)

xs batteries

Archived