Deeznutz Posted May 7, 2014 Report Posted May 7, 2014 I am itching to start the subwoofer enclosure for my 2 Old School Coustic CF1244. I contacted Coustic/MTX and the rep sent me the info packet on PFD. The ported box info I want to use says 1.75cf Tuning is 35Hz and the "vent volume is .13". It calls for a 4x17" port. How do I transfer this into a slot port measurement? The enclosure I want to make will look like this, but with the subs inverted. The info sheet does give "Speaker displacement outside the box being 394in^2, 6.5L" for the woofer inverted. So I will have to take this into account when making the box since the volume "Inside the box displacement for ths sub is 474in^2, 7.8L" A 17" long port would not work with this type of enclosure without some sort of modification. So I rather go slotted. Any help would be most appreciated. -Frank
timc31610 Posted May 7, 2014 Report Posted May 7, 2014 "1.75cf Tuning is 35Hz and the "vent volume is .13". It calls for a 4x17" port." Is that per sub? The .13 is the displacement of a 4" x 17" aero port. What will your box height be? My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
Deeznutz Posted May 8, 2014 Author Report Posted May 8, 2014 its 1.75 per sub. box height will probably be @ 15-17" external height. 17" is at the level of the top of the rear seat. -Frank
bkolfo4 Posted May 8, 2014 Report Posted May 8, 2014 For the pair of subs, you could do 60-80 sqin of port for a slot port. Current system: 1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s Previous systems: 2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz. 1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.