Second Skin Audio

12 cubes too big?

cheebs

i got you guys. i got everything before people had really starting building a lot of boxes for the zv4. and i got a box design done because i wanted to be sure about the box build and i was being lazy. i have been sitting on this build for a min, and just started a few days ago. i have not ran the box. i have not even put the subs in. i built the box and it was much bigger than the box i had before for 2 skar 15s. i looked almost twice the size. so i figured i ask. port area is about 117 in2

12 cubes gross your good to go,should put you around 8-8.5 after displacement and a low tuned port.. 12 cubes net however is a shit ton of space. 2500rms per sub will be fine if you do not clip,that power will only come with no voltage drop and an uncommon enclosure that has little to no impedance rise. And no,you cant send 2500rms to a zv4 all day.maybe 30/45 mins before things get thermally out of hand,so make sure to give them time to cool after a full tilt session.

i have no intentions of pushing it that far. this is a show truck with tv s and xbox and things that i don't think would do well with banging that hard. i mostly only demo it a shows and such. truth is i was alright with the 2 skars and the massive n4 i had before.

as i said before now that i understand where i should be size wise. i will do some things to take up some of the internal space.

12 cubes gross your good to go,should put you around 8-8.5 after displacement and a low tuned port.. 12 cubes net however is a shit ton of space. 2500rms per sub will be fine if you do not clip,that power will only come with no voltage drop and an uncommon enclosure that has little to no impedance rise. And no,you cant send 2500rms to a zv4 all day.maybe 30/45 mins before things get thermally out of hand,so make sure to give them time to cool after a full tilt session.

^that's what i said ; )

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

Sounds like people that have run them gave good advice on there performance to handle the power. Overpowering is common if done right so wang away. Personally i have a T1D212 on a T1500 in 1 ohm in a 2.9 cub box and it takes it like a champ. Subs rated for 800 rms/1600 peak and seeing almost 2000 watts.

two things first 12cu was gross i think it should be about 10cu net. i should be able to get it down to 9.5 cu. my tuning should be around 33,34 hz. taramp's hd 5000 is 5000 @ 12.6v. i am running a 270 amp alt two deka group 31 batteries one die hard group 31 and two smaller agm batteries i had around. i will be get another deka in a few weeks.

just pay attention to what is going on for the fist weeks. from what you said before you don't really like going full tilt anyway.

just set your gains properly and use your head, you'll be good.

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

two things first 12cu was gross i think it should be about 10cu net. i should be able to get it down to 9.5 cu. my tuning should be around 33,34 hz. taramp's hd 5000 is 5000 @ 12.6v. i am running a 270 amp alt two deka group 31 batteries one die hard group 31 and two smaller agm batteries i had around. i will be get another deka in a few weeks.

12 cubes gross - .25+.25 displacement - .15 bracing -proper port area will be lower then 10 cubes. You can get away with 10 net and 12 gross if you'd like 11square inches of port per cube in a damn 12cube box lol. And 5000rms @ 12.6 would still need to be at 12.6v minimal impedance load. That is roughly 400amps of draw at 12.6v,not including other amps ect in your vehicle.

^that's what i said ; )

Sorry aj,i didnt see your post =). Hopefully he will take yhe professional advice.

Archived