Advanced Auto Part Platinum AGM's... Any good?

I just seen those batts at advanced auto a few days ago too. I mite have to pick up a few.

Hey guys, if you plan on ordering the battery, I ordered 3 of the H6 style Platinum AGM's. I had to place 3 separate orders to get 30% off each battery. Make sure to use the code TRT30 at checkout to get the discount. Otherwise, you might as well by an XS Power or equivelant. The walk out price for each battery was 155.00 for the H6 and 169.00 for the H8. If you bring in cores, they will knock off 18.00 for each one... So far, I am extremely happy with the batteries, but I've never owned an XS, Kinetic, or similar car audio AGM's. My voltage is steady at 210amp hours and a 240amp MechMan alternator. Actually, I think my alternator couldn't be happier! It was making a funny, wining kind of noise until I added these batteries. Now my car is running and sounds like I just drove it off the lot.

One other thing, I was seriously stumped as to why I dropped .4 volts after the battery install. I was up until 2am last night (or this morning) tyring to figure it out. I FINALLY FOUND THE ENGINE TO CHASSIS ground on the Toyota. I thought that by running the ground from the alt casing to the negative post would be good enough. Nope, I added a 12" piece of 1/0 OFC from Engine to Chassis and my voltage went up from 13.45 to 13.9! Hell yeah! I should be running around 13.5 full tilt now! I can handle that... I'm actually going to start a post about the importance of finding the correct grounding locations for the Big 3, or 4 in my case. I am also going to add another ground from the second battery negative post to the chassis in the trunk today. Hopefully I can pick up another 1/10th and be sitting right at 14 volts... Now, I can finish the cosmetics on my box and battery bank. I have wire going EVERYWHERE! lol :morepower1:

2013 Toyota Camry SE

240a MechMan HO Alternator

1/0 Welding Flex Cable Big 3

CT Sounds 4000.1D

Kenwood XR400-4 Mid/High Amp

SoundQubed Q4-120 Mid Amp

Infinity Kappa 6.5 components

Kappa 6x9's for rear deck fill (coming out)

(4) 8" PRV 8MB450's

Set of SoundQubed SuperTweets

(2) DSS Ethos 12's D2's @32.5hz (building 4th order enclosure)

(2) SQ HDC3 10's @ 33.5hz (current build, loving them)

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

100 sq/ft Stinger RoadKill Sound Deadner

120 sq/ft QMat Sound Deadener

(4) Juice Box Black Cherries

Lots and Lots of feet of SHCA wire, along with 50' of Welding 1/0

2 Runs of 1/0 Positive front to back

ToolMaker Everywhere

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to update this thread. So far I've had these batteries for a couple of months so far and they are definitely doing their job. I'm holding high 12's, low 13's for the most part... Considering the highest voltage I've ever seen from my regulated alternator is 14 volts for about 5 seconds, I don't think it's that bad. I generally idle at 13.5, 13.6, so everything seems legit off 2500RMS. Just to be thorough, my resting voltage in the mornings has been around 12.9.

Just wanted to update this thread in case anyone was considering a cheaper alternative to XS or Odyssey or the likes...

2013 Toyota Camry SE

240a MechMan HO Alternator

1/0 Welding Flex Cable Big 3

CT Sounds 4000.1D

Kenwood XR400-4 Mid/High Amp

SoundQubed Q4-120 Mid Amp

Infinity Kappa 6.5 components

Kappa 6x9's for rear deck fill (coming out)

(4) 8" PRV 8MB450's

Set of SoundQubed SuperTweets

(2) DSS Ethos 12's D2's @32.5hz (building 4th order enclosure)

(2) SQ HDC3 10's @ 33.5hz (current build, loving them)

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

100 sq/ft Stinger RoadKill Sound Deadner

120 sq/ft QMat Sound Deadener

(4) Juice Box Black Cherries

Lots and Lots of feet of SHCA wire, along with 50' of Welding 1/0

2 Runs of 1/0 Positive front to back

ToolMaker Everywhere

• 1 year later...

just bought one a couple days ago for my BMW e39. my car calls for a group 49/h8. the h8 Autocroft AGM sells for $220 msrp. Using your coupon code I got $5 off, plus an additional $20 for my old battery. All said and done it cost me $155 after taxes. Too early to give a proper impression, but its definitely better than the shot wet cell i replaced. Will report back in a few months with impressions. For full disclosure's sake, I am running around 1800w RMS total on my system. Stock alt, with big 3

• 4 months later...

I was compairing specs on all the autoparts chains house brand AGM's "in my case group 65" and settled on autozones AGM.... $180 but it was better on paper than advanced autoparts, o'reilys and napa's batterys.... 75 amp hour.... on paper it puts it up there with a D6500 xs... but im sure its not even close

I was compairing specs on all the autoparts chains house brand AGM's "in my case group 65" and settled on autozones AGM.... $180 but it was better on paper than advanced autoparts, o'reilys and napa's batterys.... 75 amp hour.... on paper it puts it up there with a D6500 xs... but im sure its not even close

lol the amp hour rating isn't all there is to a battery

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Archived