Sonic Electronix

Help with DC audio level 3 15

Hi! I've been trying to find the usable frequency range of the level 3 15" like for example (20hz-150hz). If someone can help me, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

I had a DC Level 3 15 in a 3.25cf box tuned to 30hz, and it played down to 22-23hz with ease. Lower than that, and it wasn't quite as authoritative.

Had the LPF crossed at 75hz, so I can't comment on playing up to 150hz, but it played up to about 45hz nicely

I need the real frequency range of the sub cause I want to make sure I can get all the frequencies he was made to re produce. Thanks FocusOn20s!

that's box dependent sir

and to be honest, subs should only play SUB bass.

Up to about 80hz and above that, your midbass should be kicking in

Sorry Mrd6! I just asked cause I've seen subs that can play from 25hz-400hz, maybe it was not made to be used as a mid bass, but if you want to do it you can. I'm asking this cause someone that runs DC in his car and have 2 level 3's told me not to use them over 60 hz cause they will get burned. I want to know if it was made to an specific frequency range, and thats my main concern. Don't get mad if I ask something, cause that's why this forum was made! Thanks!

Archived