Fuse meltdown

Looks like it was the connection. I found that out the hard way a bit back just like you. Learned to recheck all my connections every once in a while

89FC0423-6F31-4918-BD4A-15D627EE2408-638

thats what you melted down this is what i ordered to replace the one i melte down http://www.ebay.com/itm/360436120113?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 same as the 2 under my hood and ive had no problems with them at all so good choice or bad choice?

You still ground it, to a strut tower or something. Something decent.

That said, if it didnt protect on you, or cut out... ground is OK.

Ill bet the connections ON the fuse holder, sucked, or the fuse holder itself sucked....

if the connections suck, amperage goes up....

Just saw this when the meltdown happened the sub cut off and i immediatly pulled over to see what the prob was but had come back on before i had even gotten off the road and even with melted fuse holder was still functioning but i of course promptly removed on the side of the road and rode home in silence. (I keep the amp tools in my car)

Ill bet the connections ON the fuse holder, sucked, or the fuse holder itself sucked....

Just saw this when the meltdown happened the sub cut off and i immediatly pulled over to see what the prob was but had come back on before i had even gotten off the road and even with melted fuse holder was still functioning but i of course promptly removed on the side of the road and rode home in silence. (I keep the amp tools in my car)

I agree with most of Kylar's statement like where to ground it and all. The part about amps not going into protect or cutting out ground is good is false. I've see times where people amps are still playing with melted grounds. Resistance is resistance it doesn't matter if it's on the ground on positive side. Not all amps have great protect features.

I agree with most of Kylar's statement like where to ground it and all. The part about amps not going into protect or cutting out ground is good is false. I've see times where people amps are still playing with melted grounds. Resistance is resistance it doesn't matter if it's on the ground on positive side. Not all amps have great protect features.

So even with the second run of wire as my ground i should still ground the amp to the car as well? the current ground is straight off the 3400. It would be hard to do being that there only 1 ground input on the amp so id have to use a distribution block i guess?

i have 5 of those fuse holders and they seem to keep up.. my brother has 2 and they melted under way less power than i. the connections need to be tight and they wont melt

So even with the second run of wire as my ground i should still ground the amp to the car as well? the current ground is straight off the 3400. It would be hard to do being that there only 1 ground input on the amp so id have to use a distribution block i guess?

No, your ground location seems fine. Can you ground to a strut tower? No need for a dist block for sure one ground is the way to go. But I was just referring to the part kylar made about if the amp doesn't turn off or protect the ground is fine in general. I've seen looses grounds melt as well. Resistance can be caused on the ground side as well.

I've seen some people have 0 gauge wire pos side and 8ga neg side. They didn't think it mattered. te he this info is for beast, I know kylar knows this.

Lol im a straight newb and even im not that dumb, my pos is 1/0 and my ground is 1/0 the only ground thats different in the entire car is the alt ground which had like some 8 gauge burnt bullshit from the factory that i replaced with 4 gauge but everything else is 1/0 the batt ground the block ground everything

i have 5 of those fuse holders and they seem to keep up.. my brother has 2 and they melted under way less power than i. the connections need to be tight and they wont melt

Exactly what he said, my connection wasn't tight. And it was even still functioning despite being melted like this. Just the connection melted through the plastic and twisted a little

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

Archived