Fuse meltdown

So i had a anl fuse holder in the trunk melt but the fuse itself didn't pop the only thing i can think of is how short the wire was between the fuse and the amp anybody got any suggestions or ideas? Reason the wire was so short is because when i did my negative run i ran out of 0 gauge and had to use scraps to get the amp hooked up.

Pics?

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

Ill see if i can post some pics later maybe but ill descrbe as best as i can: The fuse set screw on one side and the metal block underneith it turned blue and the set screw on top and bottom melted thru the housing of the fuse holder itself as well as the chrome plating on the part where the set screw goes into had gotten so hot it bubbled. The little short piece of wire coming off that to the amp was fried to. Im thinking that it was because the wire was so short but i don't get it why didn't the fuse pop? any input?

Hifonics BRX 2400D 250 amp anl fuse (a cheap one no doubt it came with the fuse holder) and Zero gauge OFC CCA and by the way i have a XS 3400 in the trunk to power it

Hifonics BRX 2400D 250 amp anl fuse (a cheap one no doubt it came with the fuse holder) and Zero gauge OFC CCA and by the way i have a XS 3400 in the trunk to power it

Is the 0/1 OFC or CCA? Or are you using both?

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

Archived