Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

2000 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab - ADVICE


Recommended Posts

Posted

Hey Guys! I need some advice - So I just bought a 4 door Dodge Dakota and I have about 1000 bucks to spend on amps, speakers. I will leave in the current dash thats in there now. Good enough for me.

Goals:

  • Clean sound - not overwhelming.
  • Need to be able to use the backseats!

This is what I was thinking:

  • x2 PWX 8" Crescendo Pro Mid Ranges for kickers.
  • x2 FT1 Tweeter Crescendo Audio
  • x4 PWX 6.5" Mid Range. One for each door.

This leaves me to order:

  • Speaker(s) to fit under the backseats. What speaker/amp combo would you suggest based on the cubic feet I have?
  • AMP(s)

With the speakers I have above is about $327.92 - so I have about 672.08. I MAYBE could go a little over.. I need to order this stuff online and go get it because Im in Mexico and this stuff is a lot more expensive here. Should I go 8ohm or 4ohm on the speakers above?

Also if you have a similar pickup I'd like to see what you've done.

**I noticed I posted in the wrong forum. I was reading this thread and didn't realize it. Sorry.

HU: Pioneer DMH-Z5350BT

Mids & Highs: ML280.3, ML700.3, ML1800.3 Mille Legend Series 3 way

Lows: x3 JL Audio 12TW3 powered by JL Audio RD1500/1 

Cable: x2 Skyhigh 0 Gage OFC kits. Skyhigh 8 gage & 16 gage OFC speaker cable

Sound Deadener: 121 sq feet of Skyhigh 120mil
DSP: AudioControl DM 810

Project Build Log

Click here: 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee SQ Build to see the build progress.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 518 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...