Door pods

Ryan929

I went to my local car audio shop today and asked for an estimate on door pods for 4 pods per door so 8 total. And they said about 600$ plus material. Is this a fair price or do any of you know of anyone/anywhere else that can do it cheaper? I am in Ocala, Florida. Also this was just for basic pods with no grills over the speakers or no mesh or anything. Just simply door pods. Also not sure if it matters or not but the vehicle is a 2000 Chevy s10. And the mids would be the crescendo pwx 6.5s.

Thanks, ryan.

Imo thats not TOO bad if theyre finishing the doors. Fabrication isn't cheap. Isn't Epicenter Designs in FL too? Idk exactly where.. you can find it. I doubt they'll be cheaper, but they do QUALITY work.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

I know I went to Monster Sound in central FL a couple months back asking about door pods for 2-4 pwx 6.5s per door and they quoted me $1200 (can't remember if that was per door or total) when I asked for the simplest thing they could do. Told them all I wanted was for it to be functional, not looking for show car stuff. More than the car itself is worth lol. $600 doesn't sound bad at all for 4 of them per door as long as their work looks good and holds up.

Ask to see previous projects and see if they've got any work they're doing at the shop just to get a look at what they can do

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

I will have to google epicenter designs and see where they are located. And yeah 600+ materials though and I'm not sure how much that'd be. And yeah that's basically all I asked for was just basic pods thy are functional nothing fancy or extra. This was the only place I went to so I just wasn't sure how fair of a price this was but 600+ materials sounds better than 1200. lol

Archived