DC Sound Lab

Not sure about the alternator. How can i find that out?

I also cant find the price, or a place to orddr the dc 1.2k amp. From what i read on the dc website it may be a bit too much for my price range.

Do you guys think 1 level 3 15 would sound better than 2 level 2 12s? I figure box size will have to be about the same regardless of which I go with because of space.

In my ZX3 I ran multiple different sub setups. Everything from 1-4 12s, 2 10s, 1-2 15s, and 1 18. You can take your pick but is the $800 for sub's and amp both or just sub's? If it is $800 for everything and you want to run DC it can be done. The 1.2k is a good amp to start with and should be fine on stock electrical. As far as sub's I would honestly look at a pair of Sundown sa12s over the level 2 12s. They will get much louder and I can tell from experience that the Sundown is built better. DC has their good products but you will need to go with a more expensive sub to get that.

For example right now in my TC I have 2 sa12's running of a Sundown saz3500d. I have a single XS Power D3400 and a very small box that would easily fit into the Focus since the hatch is bigger than my TC. Anyway it sounds great and is doing a 151.3 on the dash at 46hz sealed and legal. It puts up a 154.4 in the passenger side kick. It could be louder if I was willing to sacrifice more room and add extra batts but I am not into competing anymore. Also the box is a solid daily box tuned to 36hz and plays music great. PM me if you want to talk and I'll send you my phone number.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Stock alt is 105-110amp. Car pulls around 50-60 amps from what I could find.

charges 14.5-15v cold but hot its down in the 13.6-13.8v range usually.

trunk measurements

41" wide

bottom depth 30"

top depth 19" if you stay under 36" wide roughly but if going wider its about 17"

height at 19" top depth can go up to roughly 22" but if going with a wider box height is limited to about 19"

like nightshade has said he has a lot of exp with these cars. I'm going to be working with him for my build which will be 2 t2d415 on 2 t1500.1bdcp at 2ohms. He is convinced he can get me above a 150 with the tricks he learned with his exp.

he found that sub up port to diver side is great for both daily and comps in these cars. The like to get low with authority.

Edited by alaskanzx5

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.