Short wires

Ok so when i got my xs3400 and did my install i ran short on wire and had to put it where the wire would let me, my power wire which goes through the car and my ground wire (second run off front batt) would only allow me to put the cell right in front of the sub. Now i have more wire and want to clean up the install by tucking the cell into the corner of the trunk.....what is the best way to go about adding a couple feet to the ends of my existing wire i ordered some 0 gauge tin plated copper butt connecters but im afraid that ill be causing a weak link in the system if that makes sense so throw me some advice on this guys. If anybody wants a pic of the current setup for reference so you can see what im talking about let me know.

If you cant crimp them solid or make a distrabution block connection then run all new wire! not only can it be a weak link but could cause a short and burn yout ride up. Just saying.... Make sure whatever you do with electrical is solid!

You could put a fuse holder there and just say you like being extra safe

I've gotten a blowjob and picked up my iphone behind her back to see what email notification I got from smd before

If you cant crimp them solid or make a distrabution block connection then run all new wire! not only can it be a weak link but could cause a short and burn yout ride up. Just saying.... Make sure whatever you do with electrical is solid!

well i can crimp them and was thinking about if there was a way to solder them as well.....but it is possible to extend wires is what i wanna know....

Posibble yes. if you know what your doing. Pretty hard to solder 0 gauge wire. The do make 0 gauge couplings that you could crimp or use a set screw. Goolge it, I know amazon has some. Shrink wrap connections and call it good. meter current from batt to end of wire to see if there is any voltage loss.

Like others have said. Use a fuse block. The terminal ones are more secure if you solder the lugs right. Or use the set screw but connectors I got a stinger one off amazon. Shrinkerapped and wireloom and zip tied it. Its been good ever since.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

Posibble yes. if you know what your doing. Pretty hard to solder 0 gauge wire. The do make 0 gauge couplings that you could crimp or use a set screw. Goolge it, I know amazon has some. Shrink wrap connections and call it good. meter current from batt to end of wire to see if there is any voltage loss.

Ok so just twist it together throw some scotch tape on it and were good.....sweet! :P

Archived