Sonic Electronix

Running aftermarket speakers on a bose system

So i currently drive a 01 gmc jimmy and i think i may have blown a stock speaker, so i was thinking about replacing the front speakers with some prv 6.5 but they are 8 ohms and i believe the stock speakers are two ohm, i was curious if i would have any issues, i understand generally you can go with a higher ohm the rated on an amp but i was unsure being as this is a factory system. any help would be appreciated

!999.5 Volkswagen Jetta

1 Planet Audio BIg Bang 15

Powerbass 1500,1

I was thinking about going for the prv 6.5s cause i have heard they are great for the price, which i could get two of those for the price that one factory replacement goes for on ebay, but maybe ill take a look around and see if i cant find something decent priced in a 4 ohm not looking to spend alot just trying to get rid of this buzzing sound until i decide what i'm doing with my vehicles

edit: nevermind saw the model numbers were the same so figured everything was the same but there is a 4 ohm version, here's the ones i was looking at http://www.parts-express.com/prv-audio-6mb200-4-6-1-2-midbass-woofer-4-ohm--294-2703

!999.5 Volkswagen Jetta

1 Planet Audio BIg Bang 15

Powerbass 1500,1

I'll be honest with you, I think after you hook one of those speakers up you will be upset at how low it's gonna sound. I understand being on a budget so to get the most for your money I'd start by trying to get the speakers that best match the previous speaker's ohms. These are almost 3 times what your looking for but the ohm ratings are the same http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_17735_JBL-GTO638.html

Archived