Sonic Electronix

Recommendation on 4 channel amp

Can anyone recommend a 4 channel amp that would push a pair components rated at 100 watts rms @ 4ohm & a pair of coaxials rated at 60 watts rms @ 4 ohms?

Here's the kicker, I'm limited for space. It's being installed on an amp rack behind my back seat.

I have used the Ct sounds 125.4 and now have the Soundqubed 120.4. Both amps are about the same size and I couldn't tell a difference in power or sound quality between the two. I bought the soundqubed to match my 2200 sub amp. Otherwise IMO both good amps.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Check out the symphony series of amps from crescendo audio they are super small if your worried about space. I have not ran any of them so i cant tell you my opinion on sound quality. the 4 channel measures 11 1/8" L x 7" W x 2 3/8" Tall

I think the first thing we need to know before spouting out recommendations is, what's your budget?

truthsayer

I started my own install about 2 months back. made an amp rack, bought a Polk Audio 4000.4 (Horrible choice). Plugged my rear coaxials to the amp, they sound great. I then, plug in one of my front components in and it sounded very weak, I hardly touch the gain (1/32) of maximum, and the amp starts smoking. I open up the amp and found out it's a filter and resistor on the board burned up. These lead to the inductor and then to the actual output channel. I call Polk and the guy asks me a bunch of questions to see if it was something I did. He tells me it definitely doesn't sound like it was a user error, but unfortunately I bought from a non-authorized dealer and the warranty is no good on my amp. I call an amp repair guy in my area and explain what I've written. He tells me that he can't work on it, but did tell me there's more wrong in the amp for resistors to be burning up. Also, that the amp would eventually continue to get worse. He was right. The amp crapped out.

I ran my wiring specifically for this amp and don't have much play in the wiring. (My first install...what can I say) The amp is very small 11x7x2 1/2 rough estimate. I was trying to order the same amp from an authorized dealer. I find a dealer and order it...it's been on back order for 3 weeks...so i cancelled my order. My opinion on Polk Amps has definitely changed.

If I can find something warrantied for under $350 maybe? Also, I have a 2013 fx4 supercrew. I posted on an f150 forum. Here's the link if anyone wants to check it out:

http://www.f150forum.com/f38/stereo-build-2013-ford-f150-fx4-249597/index4/

For a small cheap decent 4 channel check out the Precision Power Phantom 900.4 (PPI 900.4). It runs a bit warm to the touch, but besides that it is a really good cheap amp. I got mine a while back for 180$, Also they have decent crossover settings only 12db but up to 4k on high pass and 5k on low pass, so no need for passive crossovers or a seperate active crossover system, unless you are about extreme sound quality and such..

Archived