Lol thanks CleanSierra, and don't worry it's nearly impossible to hurt my feelings ;) Gunnem, I most certainly won't, is it possible? Of course. All of this helping me in drastically, much appreciation to those who not only expressed themselves without remorse haha, but also explained what's wrong with the picture and giving me solutions to said flaws.

believe half of what you see and none of what you hear lol.

2003 Ford Taurus SEL

JVC KD-R520

4 JL ZR-525CSI 5.25 Mids

4 JL ZR100-CT Highs

1 18" RE Sx Dual 4 ohm wired parallel to 2 ohms

1 Kicker CX1200.1 (Bass)

1 DD S4B (Mids)

2 Optima Yellow Tops

200a Alt.

In order to have a port like that you must have that box tuned real low....like 20 something...just guessing ,but if it works for you then F what everybody else has to say. Check out Re AUDIO website they have a box calculator on there and you dont have to down load nothing. It gives you a cut out sheet for you a box design

^^^ there's something to be said for giving a sub enough required vent area. Otherwise you get undesirable noise.

My reply was in response to Bamaboy, not your Miguel. You damn ninja

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

His box either....lol but it will be closer than his calculator plus before I down loaded torres I use to use it and the calculation wasnt off by that much due to my knowledge of box and port calculation. Maybe like if you wanted it tuned to 32hz you came out with like 33hz

And who died and made you an expert dirty...I mean clean......you damn saltine

20 posts into this forum and you're basically arguing that some of the most intelligent people here don't know what they're saying? Getting off to a real bad start there.... Look at that port in reference to the size of the box, if you think that it's the right size go ahead and smack yourself in the back of the head. OP says it's 2x4" (doesn't actually even look 2" wide, maybe 2" to the outside edge not the inside of the MDF).... Either way, the port is entirely too small for it.

Lol thanks CleanSierra, and don't worry it's nearly impossible to hurt my feelings ;)Gunnem, I most certainly won't, is it possible? Of course. All of this helping me in drastically, much appreciation to those who not only expressed themselves without remorse haha, but also explained what's wrong with the picture and giving me solutions to said flaws.

It is very possible that using the woofer in an enclosure with drastically the wrong dimensions could damage it. I would highly recommend that you start a thread/ask for help here from someone that would design a proper enclosure with a cut sheet to get you where you really want to be before you damage that thing. And the sound quality will raise a ton for you.

And who died and made you an expert dirty...I mean clean......you damn saltine

Not even sure what that means...

Not an expert, but I'm confident that 8" of port(especially the layout of that port) is all kinds of inefficient.

On a side note, cool burn with my screen name dude. You REALLY got me ;)

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Fuck a box calculator! I cut wood and screw that shit together. Then I throw power at it until it gets loud. Calculators are for people who just don't know and if you didn't know now you know.

Seriously though it was only particle board. A sheet of that costs what $15? Its a good way to fuck a couple boxes up and then start listening to people who are trying to help you based off years of experience. You would have been better off throwing a round port in the box instead of that glorified leak that was put there. Tell the truth you just fucked the face up when you were cutting and this is how you tried to fix it.

Sorry, just fucking with you I haven't slept all night :P

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Archived