Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Sundown SA12 in tline (what you guys think)


Recommended Posts

Posted

ok guys designed a tline box for my wagon

box is huge.. 39" width by 32" depth by 20" high

box is tuned to 36.5hz since that the space i have to work with

how would 2 12" sundown sa12 sound in a tline tuned to 36.5hz? im looking to be able to play loud and low

have a orion 1200D to power the pair but wondering if to put 1000rms on each

all advise would be taking in consideration

Posted

1k each is too much for a t-line im pretty sure. id go with closer to rms in a t-line

Posted

Meh, I don't know shit about T-Lines but that sounds like an awful lot of port.

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

Posted

Shouldn't port are equal cone area? And the length determines your tuning which should be close to the fs of the sub.

+1 on the cone area. Thats is correct. The area of the line must match the cone area and be tuned around the FS of the sub/subs.

Raj.. Also note that the QTS for the Sa-12s very high. These woofers would not be optimal in a t-line.

My suggestion is get a ported box tuned lower and call it a day. Youll be plenty loud and low.

Posted

The only two parameters you really need for a t line are the sd and the fs. The sd can be smaller but not larger and the length can be longer than 1/4 fs but should not be shorter.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2843 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...