robbierob99 Posted May 24, 2014 Report Posted May 24, 2014 Hey SMD members, I am new to the forum and also new to ported boxes. I don't completely understand how to make a ported box and have read about torres box tuning calculator and tried it out. With the knowledge i know about a ported box i did my best to design one on the calcluator. I would like to get some feedback on if this design will work for my subs. Each sub will have its own chamber so i constructed the box for a single sub only. I am in the middle of designing it in SketchUp which will include both subs. But so far does this look like a good design for my speakers? Music: Rap/Hip-Hop Vehicle: 99 Tahoe (OBS)Subs: DB Drive K9 10" Box: 18"H, 12"W, 18"D Port: 4"Dia, 15"L tuned @ 36.2Hz Internal Volume: -Before Displacements: 1.65ft^3 -After Displacements: 1.44ft^3 Port Area: 12.56in^2 Port Volume: 0.12ft^3 Speaker Displacement: 0.09ft^3 Wood Thickness: 0.75"
harlemn8ive Posted May 25, 2014 Report Posted May 25, 2014 Are these specs for 2 subs or one? Check out my build slow but... slow and steady wins the race http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/185561-1st-build-budget-toyota-mark-2/
REH Posted May 25, 2014 Report Posted May 25, 2014 Are these specs for 2 subs or one? Looking at the OP, appears his plans are to make 2 boxes and place them/screw them next to each other. If that's correct, his specs are per box.
BudgetCarAudio Posted May 25, 2014 Report Posted May 25, 2014 Whether or not you are building one box or two there is a few sites that can help you with your question 1) http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxcalcs.asp 2) http://www.reaudio.com/box.php this one will also give you a 3D picture as you enter the design measurement.
robbierob99 Posted May 25, 2014 Author Report Posted May 25, 2014 Are these specs for 2 subs or one? These specs are per sub. I will have 2 subs in my final outcome with separate chambers for each
robbierob99 Posted May 25, 2014 Author Report Posted May 25, 2014 Whether or not you are building one box or two there is a few sites that can help you with your question 1) http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxcalcs.asp 2) http://www.reaudio.com/box.php this one will also give you a 3D picture as you enter the design measurement. Thanks for the links but I have already constructed my box using a program and was looking for second thoughts on if it will work out good. I was also looking to use round ports so the 2nd link wont apply but i do appreciate the help.
Joshoe Posted May 25, 2014 Report Posted May 25, 2014 Are these specs for 2 subs or one? These specs are per sub. I will have 2 subs in my final outcome with separate chambers for each any particular reason for building two seperate boxes?
Krakin Posted May 25, 2014 Report Posted May 25, 2014 Don't use REbox calculator, it is not accurate at all. Google Torres Box calculator and find the link to SMD and get it. Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
robbierob99 Posted May 25, 2014 Author Report Posted May 25, 2014 Are these specs for 2 subs or one? These specs are per sub. I will have 2 subs in my final outcome with separate chambers for each any particular reason for building two seperate boxes? It will be one box just each sub will have its own chamber and port. So if one goes bad i wont lose the other. Don't use REbox calculator, it is not accurate at all. Google Torres Box calculator and find the link to SMD and get it. Krakin thats exactly the program i used to calculate my box.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.