Sonic Electronix

Is this the best option to wire 4 6x9's?

From the manual.

FOUR CHANNEL OPERATION
minimum impedance of 2 ohms per channel
BRIDGED OPERATION (MONO)
minimum impedance of 4 ohms
Well that kinda sucks. That's why I went with these 6x9's that could handle 150RMS. I could have saved like 100 bucks.

Looking at the pics of your car, doesn't seem like you have a problem with wasting money.

:roflmao:

Zeke

'14

2003 Chevy Monte Carlo SS

MONTEside00030001.jpg

Vehicle Details & Mod List: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/1703-chevrolet-monte-carlo-ss/

Audio Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/143276-2003-chevy-monte-carlo-ss-audio-build-ib-build

Pioneer FH-P8000BT

Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1

Fi IB3 (Two 12", 2-ohm SVC)

RF T400-2 & T500-1bdCP

MechMan S Series 240A

XS Power D3400 & D975

311-vector-logo_zps0d152f73.png sutliffSig_zpsb1df26dd.png

You have a 4 channel amp and 4 speakers, right? Why are you making this difficult?

Apparently there is a confusion between "Stereo" & "Mono" ... & the type of sound output each sounds like?

IDK, ... ya got me ...

Yup that was it. Stereo means it's gonna be louder right???

Kicker

ZXS 1500.1

Solo-Baric S12L72 (2)

ZX 650.4

KSC693 6x9 (4)

PKD1 1/0 AWG

K-Series RCA's

4 AWG Big 3

85 Monte Carlo

Untitled-1_zps551b34ad.png

You have a 4 channel amp and 4 speakers, right? Why are you making this difficult?

Apparently there is a confusion between "Stereo" & "Mono" ... & the type of sound output each sounds like?

IDK, ... ya got me ...

"Stereo" is the separation of Left & Right, ... per se.

"Mono" takes the Left & Right signals & mooshes them together into one ... something folks generally do when wiring subwoofers.

Zeke

'14

2003 Chevy Monte Carlo SS

MONTEside00030001.jpg

Vehicle Details & Mod List: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/1703-chevrolet-monte-carlo-ss/

Audio Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/143276-2003-chevy-monte-carlo-ss-audio-build-ib-build

Pioneer FH-P8000BT

Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1

Fi IB3 (Two 12", 2-ohm SVC)

RF T400-2 & T500-1bdCP

MechMan S Series 240A

XS Power D3400 & D975

311-vector-logo_zps0d152f73.png sutliffSig_zpsb1df26dd.png

IDK, ... ya got me ...

"Stereo" is the separation of Left & Right, ... per se.

"Mono" takes the Left & Right signals & mooshes them together into one ... something folks generally do when wiring subwoofers.

I know man thanks. I don't plan on bridging now since it's not 2 ohm stable when bridged. But each pair of channels has separate inputs. So couldn't I still bridge each side and make one side L and one side R. Making it stereo?

Kicker

ZXS 1500.1

Solo-Baric S12L72 (2)

ZX 650.4

KSC693 6x9 (4)

PKD1 1/0 AWG

K-Series RCA's

4 AWG Big 3

85 Monte Carlo

Have you purchased those kicker 6x9's yet? I'm just asking because those look like the old models and you can get the new ones for less money through Amazon.

truthsayer

Have you purchased those kicker 6x9's yet? I'm just asking because those look like the old models and you can get the new ones for less money through Amazon.

Yea I got em already they are the new ones. Paid $150 a pair through ebay

http://www.kicker.com/2014_KS_Series

Kicker

ZXS 1500.1

Solo-Baric S12L72 (2)

ZX 650.4

KSC693 6x9 (4)

PKD1 1/0 AWG

K-Series RCA's

4 AWG Big 3

85 Monte Carlo

Yup, sadly you are stuck with wiring them up 4 ohm style. Bridging won't do any good and with stereo separation, you technically could make 2 ohm work, but you'd be only getting 2 ohm pwr from 1 channel per set, and splitting them up between the 2 speakers. 4 channel amps are made to have 4 channels for a reason, 1 for each speaker. Regardless, they should still sound decent hooked up proper, and with proper deadening/sealing etc.

If you're really anal, sell one set, or both, and get speaks that are a bit lower wattage, or 2 ohm speaks (JBL's are awesome sounding, and older models are cheaper than $150 fo sho). They're still new so you should be able to get your money back. If you ask me though, Kicker isn't known for their speakers, you'd be better off with another brand anyway.

You would end up getting more power to the speakers just using all 4 channels at 4 ohm. If you wire one to each channel you would get 120 watts per speaker, if w/o wire two to one channel at 2 ohms you would be getting 80 watts per speaker.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived