Krieger88 Posted May 26, 2014 Report Posted May 26, 2014 I feel that my system is lacking the spl and low end that I need. I just bought a 2010 G37x 2 months ago. My current system is a Dynaudio x362 Esotecs with the 10" mw182 midwoofers in the doors. Sounds pretty good but I really should of originally went active and got a 6 channel amp instead of the 2 channel Helix A2 amplifier. I intend on selling the crossovers and amp and buying a nice 6 channel and processor for some fine tuning that the factory radio simply cannot do (very limited eq settings). I have 2 sundown sa-10's from my last setup, I had them in a prefab box meant for jl-w6 specs running off a bottom of the line 600w pioneer amp meant to be sold with that car. And I was pretty impressed on how good it sounded, very tight and clean and the only flaw that bugged me was that on bass drops it didn't sound quite right. So I read that these subs really need to be in a ported box to be at their full potential. I'm pretty much trying to obtain tight punchy bass that can hit lows deep and hard. I plan to properly power these and have the best possible enclosure. I've tried googling and searching this forum too for exactly this but just very similar but not quite what I'm asking. What is the best box design for these?
ToNasty Posted May 26, 2014 Report Posted May 26, 2014 2 cubes net with 2 3" or 2 4" aero ports. If you get PVC from Home Depot it's roughly 3.75 inner diameter which works great ***Super Sellers List***http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers
Krieger88 Posted May 26, 2014 Author Report Posted May 26, 2014 Also, is it really advised against any sealed enclsoures? I dont' want to sacrifice the tightness just for low end.
ToNasty Posted May 26, 2014 Report Posted May 26, 2014 As series don't do well in sealed enclosures ***Super Sellers List***http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers
timc31610 Posted May 27, 2014 Report Posted May 27, 2014 As series don't do well in sealed enclosures Agree^^^^^ And if built properly you will not lose any tightness in a ported box. My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.