max785 Posted May 27, 2014 Report Posted May 27, 2014 Hi, I want to run my sa-12 in a more sq box. Now I have 2 sa-12 ported at 32hzI would like to know if any of you guys have made a sealed box for a single sa-12.On sundown website they recommand 1 cu box for sealed.Worth to build the box or just stick to a single 12 in a ported box like the one in this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IhmNHrtmmk 2001 civic dx 2 X sa12's " 1 X aq1200d Knukonceptz 4 gauge , rca
timc31610 Posted May 27, 2014 Report Posted May 27, 2014 SA series are not really recommended for sealed applications. I would do a box similar to the one in Mark's video or post your car, amp, max dimensions and music taste and I'm sure someone here could throw you a design that would satisfy you. My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
max785 Posted May 27, 2014 Author Report Posted May 27, 2014 Ya I know they are more for loud then sq but i don't want to buy another sub ...CIvic 01 , aq1200d , listen primary hip-hop and dubstep but also pretty much everything. 2001 civic dx 2 X sa12's " 1 X aq1200d Knukonceptz 4 gauge , rca
youngbass98 Posted May 27, 2014 Report Posted May 27, 2014 He said not recommended for sealed box's, they are more for ported applications 06 monte carlo 2 12 rockford p3s soundstream rubicon 2500 crescendo audio mezzo 6.5 ct sounds 125.4 execution audio and shca wiring 2 xs d3400 on stock alt
n8ball2013 Posted May 27, 2014 Report Posted May 27, 2014 What do you think youll gain by running sealed? THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
2Kimp Posted May 27, 2014 Report Posted May 27, 2014 I had one in a sealed box built to spec and I thought it sounded nice. Then I built a ported box to their specs and it sounds waaay better. Night and day difference.
timc31610 Posted May 27, 2014 Report Posted May 27, 2014 With the type of music you listen to I would think the SA is well suited. In the proper ported enclosure it could be as snappy as a 12 in a sealed box while still giving you the lows you need to listen to dubstep. My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
max785 Posted May 28, 2014 Author Report Posted May 28, 2014 I had one in a sealed box built to spec and I thought it sounded nice. Then I built a ported box to their specs and it sounds waaay better. Night and day difference. You're talking about the cut sheet on there website ? 2001 civic dx 2 X sa12's " 1 X aq1200d Knukonceptz 4 gauge , rca
timc31610 Posted May 28, 2014 Report Posted May 28, 2014 One more question. Why would you want to go from 2 ported to just a single sub? My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
max785 Posted May 28, 2014 Author Report Posted May 28, 2014 box take too much space 2001 civic dx 2 X sa12's " 1 X aq1200d Knukonceptz 4 gauge , rca
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.