sik99ranger Posted May 27, 2014 Report Posted May 27, 2014 I'm looking for help designing a t-line for 2e8v3 for my xB. My max size of box is 38 wide 20 tall 14 deep. I'd like to mount subs on top and port up also. I've never built one but I did some math I think I need 50 sqin of port 16 ft long... Does that sound right?
timc31610 Posted May 27, 2014 Report Posted May 27, 2014 That would be 50 sq in per sub, so about 100 total. As far as length it depends on your tuning which should be close to yours subs FS parameter. My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
sik99ranger Posted May 27, 2014 Author Report Posted May 27, 2014 Ok looked at my math again sub is about 7in cone. So ruffly 38.5 sqin per sub so 77sqin port. Fs par is 51.9 so 52 ruff 5.5 ft per sub so 11 ft. Now here is the part I don't get do I build it do it is 11sqft total+ displacement? Or do I add in some airspace or is the port all the air space? And if someone wants to draw it up that would be great!
timc31610 Posted May 27, 2014 Report Posted May 27, 2014 The "port" is the airspace, also you wouldn't double your length, that is consistent regardless of the number of subs. But tuning that high may not sound that great. Hopefully one of the pros will chime in and correct me. My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
sik99ranger Posted May 29, 2014 Author Report Posted May 29, 2014 No other input? The slot port I built for them just isint cutting it lol
Triticum Agricolam Posted May 29, 2014 Report Posted May 29, 2014 E8v3 have about 202 sq cm of cone area, so you should only need about 62.75 sq in of area for your T-Line. That being said, I don't think you are going to get much, if any, more output from a T-line that you will from a properly designed ported box with these sub, IMHO. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Dude2800 Posted June 1, 2014 Report Posted June 1, 2014 I think it would be worth doing. But I do agree that a properly ported box and t line would be similar because the fs is so high. You may even get a ported box to play lower.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.