suboower sizes

Ok how important are the subwoofer sizes when it comes to playing loud?

lets say you have a room for a maximum 200liters or (7 cubic) box

and wanted the highest SPL possible on a 200liters box

money was no option

and you could choose from on of thes setups:

1 DD9918 on 2500rms

or

4 DD9908 on 10000rms

what would play loudest in teori?

one dd9918 has more cone area

but four dd9908 has more rms wattage

I dont know what a DD9918 or a DD9908 is, but im assuming its a 18" woofer and 4 8" woofers.

I had 4 lanzar 15's and they were loud, Then i got a single fi sp4 18 and its waaay louder. on the same amount of watts. But it also depends on what music you listen to. I wouldn't buy a 18 if i just listen to speed metal. And i wouldn't buy a 8" of i just listened to dubstep. The 18 will play lower and the eights will play higher.

1997 subaru legacy outback

Four 15's in a almost wall

Rockford Fosgate t2500-1bdcp

Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on tweets
Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on highs
Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midrange
Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midbass

Optima Yellow top batteries
270A Singer alt (working on a bracket for a second) 
Lots of Second Skin

The DD9918 and DD9908 are Digital Design subwoofers its same woofer just different size 18 and 8 just to give an example. ok but did you have the same tuning on the box?

I dont know what a DD9918 or a DD9908 is, but im assuming its a 18" woofer and 4 8" woofers.

I had 4 lanzar 15's and they were loud, Then i got a single fi sp4 18 and its waaay louder. on the same amount of watts. But it also depends on what music you listen to. I wouldn't buy a 18 if i just listen to speed metal. And i wouldn't buy a 8" of i just listened to dubstep. The 18 will play lower and the eights will play higher.

lol you are right bad example there, lets say 3x DDz10 on 30k vs 1xDDZ18 on 10k

just trying to figure out whats more imortent the wattage or size of the cone area:)

The DD9918 and DD9908 are Digital Design subwoofers its same woofer just different size 18 and 8 just to give an example. ok but did you have the same tuning on the box?

Archived