walwalka Posted May 28, 2014 Report Posted May 28, 2014 As some of you may know, I have had issue with my current box and the HDS312's just don't like it much. So I'm looking to build a new box to solve this problem. That being said, I'm not sure what route I want to go because this has been my first attempt with aero ports and I'd rather not have issues again. I have talked to another member and he still suggested aero's for making use of flares for 100000000% better results than with the non flared 8in I have now. This is for two HDS312's Here are my options that I have come up with: For the few who are much better with this stuff. I want VERY LITTLE to Zero port noise even a few hz below tuning. Tuning to 33hz, would like to play 28-30hz with little noise. I know it can be accomplished what are the best practices? Slot port: Will probably make the port an inch or two longer as I just noticed it's basically 34hz. Aero port option with a twist. I thought adding a second 6in port for an SPL tune of 45hz would be a nice touch! I would get a 6in pipe plug to block it off. Does this even remotely sound like a good idea? You tell me, you know what I'm looking for. Daily: SPL: Any tweaks that would make either if these enclosures better? I'm not a box designer, I have just been reading up on the things I should do and I think these look good. What would you change or do differently? Also, HDS312's have a really high QTS. So small box, small but enough port is probably the best. But What do I know, lololol. Sub specs: Piston Diameter 203.2 mm Mounting Depth 7 11/16" Circle Cutout 11.25" Overall Diameter 12 7/8 with gasket Xmax 28mm Peak to Peak Magnet Weight 145oz f(s) 33.65 Q(ms) 6.912 Q(es) 0.769 Q(ts) 0.692 V(as) 22.130 liters Thanks Guys! 2010 Honda Civic LX / Deck: Kenwood DDX371 / Front Highs: Crescendo RTS-1 / Front Mids: Silver Flute 6.5's / 4 channel: DC Audio 90.4 / Sub: Fi 15in SP4v2 / Sub amp: Taramps HD 5000 / Power wire: Knukonceptz OFC 1/0 / Deadener: Audio Technix 60 mil / Batteries: XS Power D5100R / Rear bank: TBD / Alternator: Singer 240a hairpin
timc31610 Posted May 28, 2014 Report Posted May 28, 2014 Is this for one or two subs? My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
DubNDodge Posted May 28, 2014 Report Posted May 28, 2014 @timc, 2. walwalka you should know all soundqubed subs love big boxes. Hell they even told me they were drop ins for a sdc2.5 '01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log 2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said: Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.
walwalka Posted May 28, 2014 Author Report Posted May 28, 2014 Is this for one or two subs? It is for two! @timc, 2. walwalka you should know all soundqubed subs love big boxes. Hell they even told me they were drop ins for a sdc2.5 lolol I knew it. 2010 Honda Civic LX / Deck: Kenwood DDX371 / Front Highs: Crescendo RTS-1 / Front Mids: Silver Flute 6.5's / 4 channel: DC Audio 90.4 / Sub: Fi 15in SP4v2 / Sub amp: Taramps HD 5000 / Power wire: Knukonceptz OFC 1/0 / Deadener: Audio Technix 60 mil / Batteries: XS Power D5100R / Rear bank: TBD / Alternator: Singer 240a hairpin
walwalka Posted May 28, 2014 Author Report Posted May 28, 2014 Any thoughts guys? 2010 Honda Civic LX / Deck: Kenwood DDX371 / Front Highs: Crescendo RTS-1 / Front Mids: Silver Flute 6.5's / 4 channel: DC Audio 90.4 / Sub: Fi 15in SP4v2 / Sub amp: Taramps HD 5000 / Power wire: Knukonceptz OFC 1/0 / Deadener: Audio Technix 60 mil / Batteries: XS Power D5100R / Rear bank: TBD / Alternator: Singer 240a hairpin
timc31610 Posted May 29, 2014 Report Posted May 29, 2014 I would try to bump the net up to 5 or a lil more, I also don't think the single 6 inch port is enough in the top torres shot. I have a single HDS312 in a box with 2 4" ports and it can get a little noisy at times. My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
walwalka Posted May 29, 2014 Author Report Posted May 29, 2014 I would try to bump the net up to 5 or a lil more, I also don't think the single 6 inch port is enough in the top torres shot. I have a single HDS312 in a box with 2 4" ports and it can get a little noisy at times. I had 5^3 with my current box..... It was too much for these subs, They were unloading, so it was a combination of too much port and too much air space. I made the box 4.3^3 and magically the unloading was gone.. That's why I'm build a new box, I also have a single 8in and it gets noisy at times. That's why I'm going single 6 with flares. 2010 Honda Civic LX / Deck: Kenwood DDX371 / Front Highs: Crescendo RTS-1 / Front Mids: Silver Flute 6.5's / 4 channel: DC Audio 90.4 / Sub: Fi 15in SP4v2 / Sub amp: Taramps HD 5000 / Power wire: Knukonceptz OFC 1/0 / Deadener: Audio Technix 60 mil / Batteries: XS Power D5100R / Rear bank: TBD / Alternator: Singer 240a hairpin
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.