Pork chop Posted May 28, 2014 Report Posted May 28, 2014 I'm wanting to do a blow through (rear armrest) in my chevy cruze, I'm a bit new to this most of the enclosures I've built are sealed besides the t-line I built. I'm looking to do a fourth order blow through but the math has me stumped. Right now I have 2 alpine sws-12d4's and a mrx-110 to play with. I was looking to do a fourth order blow through, ports confuse the heck outta me I never was good at multiplying letters
timc31610 Posted May 28, 2014 Report Posted May 28, 2014 You need to give more information like max dimensions in your trunk and the size of your armrest opening, Also are you looking for a design or just suggestions? My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
RooTxBeeR Posted May 28, 2014 Report Posted May 28, 2014 You do know a blow through, is where the box is in the bed of a truck or other part of the vehicle, and blows through something to get it's shared airspace into the cabin of the vehicle. What you want is just a ported box ported to your armrest. On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
timc31610 Posted May 28, 2014 Report Posted May 28, 2014 You do know a blow through, is where the box is in the bed of a truck or other part of the vehicle, and blows through something to get it's shared airspace into the cabin of the vehicle. What you want is just a ported box ported to your armrest. I think he is looking for a fourth order with the port through the arm rest. My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
Pork chop Posted May 28, 2014 Author Report Posted May 28, 2014 Yeah I was looking to try a fourth order, now I've never built one before and the calculations have me baffled. the space I'm dealing with is relatively small I'm looking at L 36 W 20 - 25 H 18 and the port opening is around 11 x 11, now if I build in I can go L 39.5, W 30, H 20
timc31610 Posted May 28, 2014 Report Posted May 28, 2014 whats the model number of your subs? My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
Pork chop Posted May 28, 2014 Author Report Posted May 28, 2014 I have 2 alpine sws-12d4 but I'm looking at replacing them with the swr-12d4's also replacing the mrx m110 amp with the mrx m240
timc31610 Posted May 28, 2014 Report Posted May 28, 2014 Which would you like the design for? Totally different parameters. My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
Pork chop Posted May 28, 2014 Author Report Posted May 28, 2014 I'd go with the new stuff as it's on the way now
Pork chop Posted May 28, 2014 Author Report Posted May 28, 2014 if i could figure out how to load my sketchup images on here im sure you could point out where ive gone wrong
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.