bassman619 Posted May 29, 2014 Report Posted May 29, 2014 Clipping or bottoming out maybe be trying to play frequencies lower than the subs are capable of..so the coil is hitting bottom causing friction you smell it when it heats up..either way youre about to kill those subs..save money get new subs and a dd1 ..set your subsonic to the subs f3 or one octave below box tuning and thats it..but I bet you have a prefab box with all that alpine stuff You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries
Pork chop Posted May 29, 2014 Author Report Posted May 29, 2014 We'll I'm going out now to put it back to 4 ohms I'll turn the gain down till the burning stops haha
Guest Posted May 29, 2014 Report Posted May 29, 2014 prefabs suck so the output will not be great. prefabs are tuned high at like 40hz so its good for high bass shit like lil wayne a milli. anything lower than that and you're unloading the woofer and stressing the shit out of it. no way to tune gains properly (unless you are very knowledgeable) without an oscilloscope or dd-1. you dont change the gains when wiring from 4 to 2 to 1 ohm.
Pork chop Posted May 29, 2014 Author Report Posted May 29, 2014 That's correct the only brand you can get here I did however go all out and get the cheap Chinese head unit that is probably cause most of my troubles, I've never had this sort of trouble before
Pork chop Posted May 29, 2014 Author Report Posted May 29, 2014 That's correct the only brand you can get here I did however go all out and get the cheap Chinese head unit that is probably cause most of my troubles, I've never had this sort of trouble before
Pork chop Posted May 29, 2014 Author Report Posted May 29, 2014 That would make sense as the output voltage does not change, but I'm still smoking em at 4ohms at that setting
Pork chop Posted May 29, 2014 Author Report Posted May 29, 2014 I shouldn't say smoking as they have been shut off at the first hint of smell
Pork chop Posted May 30, 2014 Author Report Posted May 30, 2014 Ok I I'm back on 4ohms gains set just over 1/4 no more smell, I think my main problem the mids and highs were over powering so I was trying to compensate so I backed them way down. It's not as much as I would like but it sounds good. Thanks for the reality check guys you saved my speakers. Now to build a better box I'm trying to figure out a fourth order vented through the rear armrest but I'm having trouble grasping the concept. Anyone know some good reading on the enclosures? Thanks again for the help
SIDE SHOW Posted May 30, 2014 Report Posted May 30, 2014 whats your lpf set too also, glad you got it sorted
Pork chop Posted May 30, 2014 Author Report Posted May 30, 2014 Lpf is set to 80 and sub sonic 25 - 28
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.