Pork chop Posted May 29, 2014 Report Posted May 29, 2014 I have two alpine sws-12d4's running off a alpine mrx-m110 wired to 1ohm. I have a Chinese head unit so I only run it at about 1/4, to 1/2 volume, the gains are set to the best of my ability using a dmm to 23 vac, they fine with intermittent bass hits but if I listen to anything low and constant the woofers start to smell. They are relatively new and the combined rms is 1000w and I'm not putting much more than half of that to them. Could this be break in smell? Or are they over rated? Or is it an id10t error?
Wicks Posted May 29, 2014 Report Posted May 29, 2014 Clipping. Buy/borrow DD-1. Adjust gains properly. Done. This post sent with 100% recycled electrons. 2004 BMW M3Mechman 280A 2 - XS Power XP30001 - XS Power D375 500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F) iPadMini2Dash mounted O-scopeAudison bitOne (Remote DRC MP) Highs Amp - PPI Art A404 Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...) DC Audio DC9.0K 2- DC Audio XL12m2LEGAL - 147.3dB @ 41Hz OUTLAW - 150.2dB @ 45Hz OUTLAW - 145.7dB @ 30Hz JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER 2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER SOTM BUILD:http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026
mothra Posted May 29, 2014 Report Posted May 29, 2014 what box are they in? if nothing changes, nothing changes You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know
Pork chop Posted May 29, 2014 Author Report Posted May 29, 2014 Any tips on how I can set the gains without an oscilloscope? Cause I've tried everything I know
Soccerballzs Posted May 29, 2014 Report Posted May 29, 2014 You are clipping need what Wicks said DD1.. Turn bass boost off turn loudness off. If no DD1 set gain at 1/4 do not get bass happy and turn it up! http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/I Pioneer P99RSAmpere 38002-Ampere 125/44-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer 2-5.25 Satori Mids2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars2-Hertz Silk tweeters DC Audio Level 5/12 Skyhigh Wire Mechman 320 XS Power D3100MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/
Pork chop Posted May 29, 2014 Author Report Posted May 29, 2014 In a ported prefab box atrend or something
mothra Posted May 29, 2014 Report Posted May 29, 2014 could be playing below tuning? also your amp is not 1Ω stable if it were you be throwing 1600 at those Type S subs which do not take that ind of power if nothing changes, nothing changes You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know
Pork chop Posted May 29, 2014 Author Report Posted May 29, 2014 In the manual it says it puts out 800w at 1ohm? Bass boost is off I
Pork chop Posted May 29, 2014 Author Report Posted May 29, 2014 I was also getting the smell when I had the amp at 4ohms
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.